UHF not switching on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHags

Reaction score
So it seems my UHF has sh!t itself. I left it on overnight and forgot all about it until i went to use it next and realised it wasn't working. There is absolutly no power. I'm not too technically minded, which makes it harder for me to find the fault. I had a quick look at the wiring but not too indepth. I have checked the fuse and it is fine. (I assume, because it's not labelled, so I just checked them all)

What should I do?

damo

Most UHF's have there own "inline" fuse that is totally separate to the cars original fuse panel, Try find that fuse. It will be on the main power line that come straight out of the back of the UHF itself and will be (normally) incased in a small white cylinder housing that will unclip from the top quarter.
You will need to find the back of the UHF and follow the power cable until you find it.

If your UHF was left on, it is obviously hard wired to the battery. Which means there should be a fuse running along the power wire. Find it and check that. I assume the fuses you checked were the standard fuses for the Nav. Eg cig lighter and lights etc.

I had a look on the wiring, and on the active and neutrals, there were what i thought fuses on them also. Maybe a foot or so before the battery. I could separate them. But they didnt seem like a fuse.. (?)

I'll have another look tomorrow arvo.

Cheers

Borrow or buy a cheap test light and check for power at the connection on the power lead to the uhf. Then you know if it is simply a blown fuse or the uhf has pooped

Buy a multimeter not a test light. You can you is for this job, and every electrical job you do from now on. Check your battery volts, your charging volts, volts to accessories and lights, continuity of a cable. I use mine all the time.

The fuse your looking for should be close to the UHF unit. Pull it out of the dash and you should see it pretty close. Most UHFs come with short factory wires inbuilt with a fuse. From there you would run your own length of cable to the battery or switch.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. I'm an apprentice Lineman and I didnt even think of that stuff. errrrrrrr haha..

Ok, so, after having some time and looking into it properly, I found it.. The fuse holder directly behind the uhf had broken so the fuse has fallen out. Not sure where, but the problem has been found.

Cheers for the help lads! Off to Supercheap I go!

Latest posts

Back