UHF antenna cable routing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
Hi all

Just about to install an antenna on the left tab on the factory steel bar for my D22. Curious to know the best way to route the cable into the engine bay to avoid it being in the way for any future maintenance and having to cut it.

Down and between the gap of bullbar and body? Through the front grill? I'm all ears.

Cheers

I ran mine under the mudguard lip inside the engine bay to the passenger door, then between the plastic that holds the wipers down between the infill and dash then behind the plastic kick panel and under the scuff plate, under the carpet and passenger seat to the UHF.

down low to bottom of grill (so its not in the way if you need to block grill for deep water), then along left side of engine bay and as stated before, through beside the air con drain.

I went through the grill then with a hot soldering iron I melted a hole in the wiring harness boot on the passenger side firewall. Then just threaded the coax into the cab. If you stay to the outside of the boot you will not go anywhere near the wires.

Cheers, Brad.

I went through the grill then with a hot soldering iron I melted a hole in the wiring harness boot on the passenger side firewall. Then just threaded the coax into the cab. If you stay to the outside of the boot you will not go anywhere near the wires.

Cheers, Brad.

That's where I was planning to enter the cabin. Just wasn't sure if I wanted to go from the bullbar down and through one of the holes in the grill.

There is a good case stated by BJ navara not to if I'm planning on any deep water crossings.

Back