UCAs and shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
im buying a set of UCAs tomorrow from snake racing. i currently have OME shocks in the nav and was just wondering will these shocks be ok with the new control arms?? cheers calcal

You should have no worries using any set of shocks.
The UCA will only increase the distance between it and the top hat.
Have fun installing them too ;)

Are they 2" lifted shocks to suit your 2"lift? The only reason they may not work is if the shock comes to full extension before the complete down travel of the new uca. If the uca is at full down travel and shock still has room to move they will be fine. My guess would be that the cv angle would max out before the shock anyway. Let us know how you go. What $$ did you pay

You should have no worries using any set of shocks.
The UCA will only increase the distance between it and the top hat.
Have fun installing them too ;)

thanks MAD D40.
im not gona bother attempting installing them myself, ive got the car booked in for some other goodies so ill be getting the pros to install them.

Are they 2" lifted shocks to suit your 2"lift? The only reason they may not work is if the shock comes to full extension before the complete down travel of the new uca. If the uca is at full down travel and shock still has room to move they will be fine. My guess would be that the cv angle would max out before the shock anyway. Let us know how you go. What $$ did you pay

thanks for the info rustynav09.
yeah the shocks are to suit the 2" lift

Goodluck with it. I will be installing mine once I work out whether I really need them. At the moment its more of a want then a need so its far down on my list.

Get some pics up once they are in. Also one at flex. Cheers

I had a 2" iron man lift in my navara and added the control arms with no problems, they hit the bump stops before the shock reached full extension. Something else to look out for is if the control arm clears the shock at full extension, mine didn't so a little more room was made with a grinder!

I had a 2" iron man lift in my navara and added the control arms with no problems, they hit the bump stops before the shock reached full extension. Something else to look out for is if the control arm clears the shock at full extension, mine didn't so a little more room was made with a grinder!

cheers, thanks for the info.
my mates installing them and he owns his own 4x4 shop so ill let him sort it out.
man im in love with your rear bar!!!!!

Latest posts

Back