tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared balmer

Reaction score
Hi Guys . this is my first thread but have been a member for a few weeks now. i was hoping for some info on tyre size i have a duel cab d40 rx with standard steel rims and 235 70 r16 tyres. i have recently installed extended rear shackels shocks and front struts and springs raising the truck by around 40-50mm.
can anyone shed some light on how much of a larger tyre size i can go before fowling?

Do you know if the steel rims are a 6 inch or 7 inch wide? If they are 6 inch it might limit your choice a little. Welcome to the forum by the way.

cheers for the welcome matt .not sure on rim thickness as only had the truck a few months and this is my first tyre change all i know is its the standard steel rim for the rx . should i consider an aftermarket rim like a sunrazer or king brand ? would that make tyre choice and price beter for the future as i plan to do a fair bit of touring ?

Welcome aboard, Jared.

The Dual Cab RX 2009 model is spec'd with 16x7 alloys, so they changed it and my pamphlet won't help!

If the 235s look a little bulky between the rim and the tread then you've got the same rims as the 2009 Single Cab RX - 16x6 steels, which from factory are fitted with 205s.

Latest posts

Back