Turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo. it spun perfectly find, a little embarresed, but yea, i said i knew nothing about turbos haha.
But yep, to myself and brother inlaw it was spinning no, movement back and forth, and no tension....

Stress levels and rage how now lowered haha

cheers btw guys, now i guess to find where the sound is coming from.

From the pics everything looks fine .... Should look into one of our catch cans if you have the means.... $99 ad it will stop all that oil in the turbo

Now that you have the 3 bolt flange off did you happen to take a pic or use a mirror to inspect all of the fins on the turbo.... You'l be able to clearly see 5 of the 10 fins

Did you see my list of navara noise makers on the 1st page?

You can undo that piece on the front of the turbo. Makes the compressor wheel accessible, dont damage the gasket. There are 3 bolts, 2 long and a shorter bolt.

Sounds like your turbo is fine, check the silicon hoses and the EGR pipes for leaks.

To tell you the truth, once we got it off thinking there was a gasket, there acctually was not one there...
but bolted up fine, took it for a run, i had a quick look at them and they seemed fine, yea i shall go through your list and check it out, im pretty sure the hoses need replacing, a few cracks, and one is deffinatly split where it hooks onto the intake manifold, figured the mechanic would have told me, being that he "checked the turbo"
Thanks for all your help guys.

Get a gasket for the intake side of that turbo.

It should have a gasket, I highly doubt Nissan spent a long time machining it dead flat.

So possibly that could even be the reason for hearing it?
We thought we could see one, but as soon as we got it off we were slightly confused at the fact it did not have one.

Probably.

Message Nizzbits, Ill send him a text to get on or grab a gasket from your local Nissan Dealer.

It can cause a whistle as dave said .... But the 2 hoses on the turbo outlet to inlet manifold are the most common an if yours have splits they need replacing

That is the suction side of the turbocharger, so if there's a leak it means that unfiltered air is being drawn into the motor. That's dangerous and may be the cause of the sound.

Back