Turbo Whistle on Idle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOE_D22

Reaction score
Hi All,

I gave the egr mod a go over the weekend and did a catch can at the same time, followed the diagrams for butterfly mod etc., seems to be all good with benefits as described.

Just wondering, is it normal for there to be turbo whistle on idle? (didnt whistle on idle before egr block)

I have a 3" turbo back exhaust with high flow muffler. snorkel with bypass tube & k&n replacement filter.

cheers,

Yep. I get a bit on mine with a not quite finished 2.5" exhaust and no muffler. I expect it to be louder once I sort out a dump pipe and finish the exhaust off

The patrol I used to have was 3" with no mufflers and that had a massive whistle at idle...

If it is a straight through muffler it won't stop the whistle, they are mostly to stop droning. I do have my err blocked too though so I'd say that makes some difference...

Spray some WD40 on your fan/acc belts and be prepared to be surprised. The turbos dont whistle on idle... ;)

Back