Trying to find a video of my car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farry84

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently having problems with Nissan Australia who have told me that my car has restricted warranty. As a result of this, they have denied a warranty claim for a new ECU claiming that it was caused by previous damage to the car.

They have told me that the car had been submerged and suffered water damage, however will not tell me much more than that. they did say that there was footage of the incident on the internet that the previous owner had put up that was used to deny the original claim and which lead the car to being flagged as restricted warranty.

I am trying to find that footage. I am having trouble finding it. I would have been posted in the last 6 months. My car is a silver 2014 D40, QLD rego 029TQN. The footage may have been taken in NSW or QLD, however I suspect NSW as the car was taken to a Sydney Nissan Dealership for the original warranty claim.

Other identifying particulars are that it has an XRox front bullbar and a snorkle, but is otherwise standard. It has the newer 7 spoke alloys.

If anyone can tell me how to find it or is able to find a copy of the video, can you please let me know.

Your help is very muchly appreciated.

Is this why the original owner got rid of the car?
Did you get the truck at an absolute steal and where you told of this issue at time of purchase?

So did you buy your car from a Nissan dealer? Surely that would be obliged to tell you about the "limited warranty" at that time. I would be consulting the ombudsman.

No buddy that video was added 5 years ago

The above Nav is a 2014 model

Great effort in searching though man

That search was valuable. Click on the "Filter" then choose "upload date" in the "Sort by" column. Makes it easy.... scroll through and find:

This one which doesn't show anything more than someone who loves using the steering wheel.

This one which is silver, but could be anything, even a bloody Hilux (although the crossing itself wasn't the cleverest, it made it through, where a Hilux might not).

That's actually it until 2 years ago (before the car was produced).

Personally: I'd go back to the b*stards and ask them to provide the link to the video or cough up, because their "proof" is nothing if it doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Back