Tree trunk protector as equaliser strap??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
A few of us were discussing the use of a tree trunk protector as an equaliser strap. (as recommended by a 4wd $hop) Now if thats one less thing I need to buy and carry, i'm not complaining.
The question I have though, is a Tree Trunk protector designed to take a ballistic load as in a decent snatch?
I'd always assumed that an equaliser strap was elastic, like a snatch strap. Is it?

I don't see any problem using a tree trunk protector. The recovery point has no elasticity so I cant see the need for the equalizer strap to..

IMO, an equaliser is only needed when winching with a snatch block.

both the tree truck protector and equalizer don't stretch. just use the tree truck protector. only difference is that the tree truck protector is gonna be wider. No need to have both in your kit. The way i see it is you buy the tree protector if your gonna winch as well, if you don't have a which just go the cheaper and smaller equalizer.

The equalizer strap i used last weekend(scotty i'm still cleaning mud off my stuff) has a sheaf of canvas or something similar that can move along the strap. The idea is that the loop of the snatch goes over this.It was sold to me as an equalizer but the label sewn into it says tree trunk protecter.

Latest posts

Back