Towing lotsa camper

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showy

Reaction score
Queens birthday weekend i'm going to start living the dream. Have wound down the business, sold the house, single, and bought myself a Xtrail Navigator as my new home.

I'm going camping with my mates on the Q.B. long weekend in Vic, and as they go south, I start heading north. Meeting another group of mates in Cairns mid July to do the Cape trip.

Anyone in a D22 STR '08 build or similar common rail (non chipped) done a bunch of towing with any weight? I'm not the type to pass anything up either, so If another vehicle can get there, I'm going to get there with a D22 and a ton of trailer on the back.

At the moment I'm booked in to get an ARB rear air locker, compressor (obviously) and a pump up kit, over a chip it upgrade. I figure traction and tyre management over power at this stage.

Your thoughts? Catch you somewhere up north.... and bloody looking forward to it.

Cheers

Showy.

If you're just taking the time to see stuff and not rushing around like a blue-arsed fly you'll find the D22 is more than adequate as a tug.

I'd look at a front locker before the rear as well.

I don't tow but have three same motor.don't rush it and just take your time. As others have mentioned I would be going a front locker over rear. The rear LSD is one of the best. Goodluck

Thanks for your comments - After searching through the forum i've changed my mind - Front locker it's going to be. I like the sound of the 'E Locker'. Hopefully it's available in the next week or two.

Latest posts

Back