top mount or front mount for 3lt d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad navara

Reaction score
hi guys i wont to put a cooler on me 3lt but dont no what way to go a top mount or a front mount what do you guys think

i prefer front.
top mount is not all that easy with the zd30 and requires fans etc.

Look at cross country's top mount -- not as efficient as front, but at least you don't have to cut bull bar mounts

I,ve got a cross country top mount, I love it. But the downsides are its a bit of a pain to change filters and if you have a dual battery (I do) you have to move the fuel filter. Still I wouldn't change it, didn't like one of the front mount kits as a pipe goes out through the wheel arch and you have to put a hole in a bullbar mount. Cross country kit was easy to fit my 13 year old helped fit it with me, worst part is puckering up and cutting the bonnet, but it looks good too

I have finished design and prototype of our new front mount kit that will be for sale for around 799 hopefully under

Pics will be up in the next few days

There will be 2 models .... Smaller core for cars with winches and a bigger front mount for cars without winches

Top mounts a really sub par at anything but highway speeds. Even then they are well below a front mount kit in cooling capacity when your towing big loads or running alot of boost.

All the front mount kits bar one that I know of run pipework inside the wheel arch area.
I would never fit one to my own vehicle that put something so critical in such a vulnerable area! One tiny holy from rock spray or what ever is all it takes to kill the engine with dust or water ingestion.

Top mounts a really sub par at anything but highway speeds. Even then they are well below a front mount kit in cooling capacity when your towing big loads or running alot of boost.

All the front mount kits bar one that I know of run pipework inside the wheel arch area.
I would never fit one to my own vehicle that put something so critical in such a vulnerable area! One tiny holy from rock spray or what ever is all it takes to kill the engine with dust or water ingestion.

so what would your plan of attack on an 05 d22 wanting intercooler... i am looking at the mod couldnt you protect the pipe by some sort of sleeve maybe and how big is the hole in the bar mount can the mount be supported to a satisfactory state?? would the top mount do a good enough job on cooling

so what would your plan of attack on an 05 d22 wanting intercooler... i am looking at the mod couldnt you protect the pipe by some sort of sleeve maybe and how big is the hole in the bar mount can the mount be supported to a satisfactory state?? would the top mount do a good enough job on cooling

There is only one kit out there that doesnt go through the wheel arch, and I beleive there is members on here that have been waiting for about 6 months to get their hands on it now... As far as I know, they are still waiting.

So If I had to choose between those 3 options, and wanted it done without waiting an indefinite amount of time, id put a top mount on there.

There is only one kit out there that doesnt go through the wheel arch, and I beleive there is members on here that have been waiting for about 6 months to get their hands on it now... As far as I know, they are still waiting.

So If I had to choose between those 3 options, and wanted it done without waiting an indefinite amount of time, id put a top mount on there.

is that the northside 1 i just found?

And that's why I put the top mount on mine

Latest posts

Back