Tall skinny tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryx5

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'll be needing new tyres soon for my 2012 ST. I've got a 2" spring lift already.

My current tyres are the standard Wrangler 255/65/R17s. I want to go for a taller tyre, but not necessarily wider.

I notice most people go for 265/70R17, but I was wondering if there is a taller tyre that is 255 wide or even a bit narrower, maybe 245 or even 235? Preferably in an all-terrain tread pattern.

Cheers,
Harry.

235 85 R16 is very common might be able to get one similar with the 17 these days. I'll check. Without changing rims your probably looking at something like a 255 70 16. I'm looking at Dueler D697's which have a good selection of tyre sizes to choose from.

Last edited:
Cheers Auggie.
I had 235 85 16's on a Hilux and it was a great size. I don't think wider is necessarily better, hence I'm looking for something similar for my 17" rims.

It is illegal to go any narrower than the standard tyres the manufacturer supply. You can go wider but not narrower. It will probably make the car un road worthy and that means un insured... Just a thought so you don't get caught out...

I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know.

I found a 255/75 R17 with an outside diameter of 814mm. Is that too big?
Or a 255/70 R17 at 789mm.
The standard 255/65 R17's are 763mm.

Otherwise I'll just go for the 265/70's at 803mm.

Any thoughts?

Most states you can only legally increase the tyre diametre by a maximum of 50mm, ie a 25mm 'lift' from fitting taller tyres. Another thing to watch out for, Id check with you local regs though

Latest posts

Back