Talk me out of burning it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
I bought my D40 dual cab brand new in July 2011.

My problems since brand new;

The standard wind noise in rear passenger window. Service (joke in themselves) made it worse.

Car ran out of diesel with 22 litres still in the tank. Two goes to service dept to get a new sender unit in the tank.

Car wouldn't go into low range at double island at 5000kms (first time mind you) while pulling a camper, bogged to the floor boards. Next morning it went into low range and got locked there. Next morning it came back out. Various warning lights on dash intermittently since brand new and service (again, joke) had no idea. Finally at 26000 Kms I went in with warnings lights everywhere and car wouldn't shift into low range. I didn't turn the car off so service could hook it up. A 2 dollar brake light switch on the pedal. Turns out I had no brake lights intermittently for the last 12 months. Nice.

And now, the best of all, for no reason, it goes into limp mode with no power. There is no where to stop in the new tunnels under Brisbane and how I didn't get run into is a miracle. Or on the freeway today. Have to turn it off and on a few times to try to get it to run. I believe it is the SCV but just getting service to put a new one in? What a farking joke. No, we have to have it for a few days to diagnose the problem.

Never, ever again will I buy a Nissan. Ever. I have never had so many issues with a brand new car, ever! I want to burn it. Worst thing is I have spent good coin setting it up with canopy, dual battery, storage drawers, sax suspension, cooper tyres, water and pump. What a POS. I just don't trust it when I drive it. Good value.

No good mate, unfortunately cars were built on Monday and Fridays and some just dont meet the standard they should so can only hope it gets better for you from here.

starting to have issues with my clutch, 22000km, dealer wants the car to remove the gearbox, take photos of clutch assembly and send pics to Nissan for approval. Need the car for 2 days. Nissan service tech took photos of my car to send with a request, he advised me my nav might not even make it to the removal of box stage due to me modifying the vehicle with NON genuine accessories. Bullbar, winch, sus lift, 265 tyres, alloy tray, toolboxes.

Just what I need when I am due to leave Brisbane in 3 weeks for a 4wk holiday to cairns/ Arlie Beach towing the camper.

I to am awaiting a new sender unit. At my last service I was told it would be 1 week away, 4 wks later I have to chase it up. Sender unit is due to be installed on the 17 Dec, at this time they are expecting to look at the clutch.

Starting to wonder what benefit, if any there is by having the vehicle serviced by a Nissan dealer.

My car is a work car, so I stood my ground until the dealership offered me the service managers ute for the period of inspection.

I really look after my gear too which just sucks. It is painful dealing with Nissan service as they honestly are clueless. I told them to come here and actually look at the real world and they might learn something.

Really sorry to hear about your drammas, like said above you must of got a "friday build" BUMMER
Personally I cant speak highly enough of my navaras and of the guys ay MOSS VALE NISSAN the few troubles i had with my last one were sorted no probs at all, the last thing they did was the SCV and a Timing chain, turns out the timing chain wasnt that bad but it did have a little rattle at times so they just replaced it.
They replaced my steering wheel because the leather looked like it was peeling very slightly and i mean hardly at all and they also replaced my tourneau due to the plastic clip system cracking, i use it for work and most days the tourneau gets opened and closed like 30 or more times and with the rear laddrr rack its no wonder there was an issue.
Never did i have any dramma.

Talk about a lemon and to break down on DI of all places :/

One of my mates almost lost his rodeo at DI cause the electronic engagement wasn't working.

I wonder if a car is ever that bad they can be convinced to give you a new one.

Sorry to hear about your trouble it really annoys you when you pay good money for something that's not up to scratch.

My second Nav, and 1st D40, had a heap of issues with going into 4WD low for no reason, was a real pain in the arse. It took more than 6 months with the local Nissan Dealer trying diffrenet things including cleaning all earths, changing the solenoids in the transfer case, changing all wiring and hoses for the 4WD/2WD switch and finally replacing the computer. I was starting to get really pissed with the Nissan dealer but they tried their best and although it took a while they got there in the end. The up side was that I got to know them really well, they look after me now and gave me a good trade when I bought my next car off them.

Hang in there if you can, they are a great car.

Mike

Document everything, time/date, conditions/circumstances on what has happend when. All corespondance with the dealer time, date.... Then write an letter to Nissan Australia. See how go from there.

Above all be humble and nice but firm with with the dealer. This will be the most difficult thing to do.

Just spent three and a half hours at the dealer today....... It was even playing up while they had it hooked up and still baffled. They seem to think software. But everything pointed to hardware. So they went through the whole fuel system checking for air leaks and tightening. The asked if the tank had ever been off. I said yes - you guys had it off to replace the fuel send unit inside at 10000kms........

Apparently it stopped playing up after all clamps and everything were tightened. Here's hoping....... Again.

Sounds like a prick of a thing.... I can feel your pain.

Should you decide to flip it and burn it let me know ill take some accessories off you before hand :p

Latest posts

Back