swapping front diffs:navara to terrano

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pajerry

Reaction score
bought a td27t manual terrano and the front diff went which stuffed the clutch and gearbox, then bought a d21 navara nugget td27 and the gearbox and clutch went in fine but the diff housing has k24 on one and k34 on the other?should they still fit or will the ratios b differant.?

bought a td27t manual terrano and the front diff went which stuffed the clutch and gearbox, then bought a d21 navara nugget td27 and the gearbox and clutch went in fine but the diff housing has k24 on one and k34 on the other?should they still fit or will the ratios b differant.?

They will both be R180A housings, the ratio may well be different. The Terrano will be 4.6:1, the Navara could be 4.6:1 or 4.8:1. It's easy enough to check, under the bonnet on the Nissan data plate there will be a "Transaxle" code, on the Terrano I'm going to have a guess at it being "FS5W71C HG46" - on the Navara if the code is HG46 or CA46 you're in luck, if it's CA48 or HG48 you're out of luck. The last two numbers denote the ratio, 4.6 or 4.8. To check by hand a removed diff just count the number of rotations of the input shaft relative to the output shafts.

How did the front diff failing result in the clutch and gearbox failing? Sounds like a bad run of luck, I hope your luck with the Terry improves.

cool thanks alo, well the gearbox was spose to b rebuilt when i got it, but my mechanic told me when the car was loading up, going up a hill etc the auto hubs were kicking in and out. when he pulled the box apart he told me it had all been dodged up, cut sprockets...was unlucky

I can't see why not.Does it have a bolt in centre If it does change them but make sure your spines are the same or you will have to change the crown wheel and pinion into your carrier

Latest posts

Back