Suspension Upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyjoe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looks like I've snapped a leaf in my drivers side leaf pack. I've been thinking about replacing them as they have sagged.

So what's my options. What's got good reviews, what's should I stay clear of.

I'd possible look to replace the shockers at the same time with something that will improve things.

Vehicle is a 2011 d22 STR with ARB bullbar and scrub bars. Used 98% onroad and common to be towing heavy loads.

The torsion bars in the front have been wound up and I'm thinking about these calmini UCA replacements too

To throw things in the mix I'm interested in removing the rear tub and installing a steel tray with a canvas top.

I've owned this bus since new and its clocked 105,000 and has been serviced every 5000. Motor runs pretty sweet. Have toyed with the idea of removing the EGR valve. Thoughts on this?

S it worth it on this motor car? Are people getting reasonable mileage out of these things. I do about 650km a week..

Last edited:
replacing shocks is an absolute must even when the truck leaves the showroom since they are just bad. 98% on road so you should consider using Bilsteins in my opinion, simply the best. or Monroe. Old Man emu is an Aussie product as well which makes great leaf packs but they are uprated for towing and load in the back which means they can be a little stiff when its empty.

agreed . also yes you should replace the EGR Plate now even though your inlet manifold will be just partially cacked up with soot ,its never too late.
mileage on these 2.5 litre engines seem to be very good providing you have the service work done every 5k and replace all filters , namely new good quality engine oil every 5 k and oil filter plus fuel filter every 10k . [ genuine filters too.

Has anyone used Blue Max comfort springs in their D22? Reports? My ute is riding terribly since the leaf broke.

I'm keen to know before I release my clams. John (Zordo) has been very helpful thus far.

Richard

I have blue max gear all round, but it's the heavy duty springs in the rear. I've put about 5000kms on them now and I can't complain. Transformed the ride completely. Only get the heavy duty if you carry loads as I currently have 120kg in the tub to smooth it out until I put draws and a steel canopy on.

After 4 long years I have finally upgraded my suspension, got some Bilstein b6 50mm lift shocks on, and holy balls its like a new car. (I say car not truck as it now feels like a car and not a truck) Best money spent so far. just wish I'd done it 4 years ago......

Thanks for the message Stompy. Well I ordered my springs and shockers. I've gone the comfort blue max springs with new torsion bars and rear springs, new grease able shackles, bushes and pins, along with new bilstein shocks all round. Yet to fit them but am really keen to get it done!

Thanks for the message Stompy. Well I ordered my springs and shockers. I've gone the comfort blue max springs with new torsion bars and rear springs, new grease able shackles, bushes and pins, along with new bilstein shocks all round. Yet to fit them but am really keen to get it done!
Just wondering if you've fitted the suspension yet. I'm looking to upgrade my D22.
I fitted a egr block plate just before xmas and ordinarily hadn't noticed much difference in economy but my last tank I just got 739km on a tank.pretty happy with that if it stays like that.

Zordo did my suspension about 4 years ago - only good things to say. Hes no bull, super helpful and thorough in what he does. I went the mix n match option with greasable shackles, efs leafs, ironman bars and 'bilstein shocks - bloody stoked.

I did egr block myself around the same time - way less exhaust smoke is the main thing I noticed (ute was brand new). I easily get 700ks to a tank with a mixture of hway & town.

Both upgrades a must. I'm considering exhaust (possibly 2.75) next but $$$.

DB

Yep, no sign of warning light for me (in over 3 years now). Was concerned at the time but took a punt - no problems. Is it only the d40's that do that? Not sure but mine's been all good.

Well the suspension has been fitted by my mechanic. New torsion bars, rear leaf Spring packs, new greasable shackles, new bilstein shocks.

What a difference!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453420777.694811.jpg
What's wrong with this picture? Both Spring packs had a snapped second leaf.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453420833.262866.jpg
Before picture

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453420851.097664.jpg
After picture

Might be hard to see but the end result is the rear sits 50mm higher and the front 25mm higher. It's a firm ride but it much softer at the same time. No more jarring from hitting bumps.

I hooked the camper on and it looks great, sits dead even now where once before it sat down. With the camper on the rear came down 15mm and it's a heavy unit with too much weight over the front.

I'm pleased!

well done i still have the factory springs and torsion bars but bilstein shocks and they transformed the ride quality and the handling. i considered to get OME leaves in the back and OME torsion bars (old man emu) but i dont tow and i fear it might be too stiff.

Can vouch for the Bilstiens. I just replaced the TJM Gold shocks which I thought were pretty good with Bilstiens and ant believe how much better the ride is. $780 delivered from the distributor, he could not have been more helpful.

Can vouch for the Bilstiens. I just replaced the TJM Gold shocks which I thought were pretty good with Bilstiens and ant believe how much better the ride is. $780 delivered from the distributor, he could not have been more helpful.
Is that for all 4?

Latest posts

Back