Suspension mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Wood

Reaction score
Hi

I’m looking at lifting my 2004 d22 navara str.
What is the general consensus on the best way to raise the front end? I only want around 50mm

Thanks Chris

What gear do you have on the front? Steel bullbar? Winch?

Sometimes it is as easy as winding up the factory torsion bars.

do you need a wheel alignment after the adjustment?
Whats the ride like afterwards?

you will need a wheel allignment after you have lifted your vehicle. u r going to lift the back to tho rnt u?

you should because when you lift it it 2 inchs it will make your standard shocks extend to the max so you will have no travel in them at all

Depends, how many km's you done ?

Factory shocks are rubbish and should be thrown in the bin.

Dave.

110,000km's there probably rooted.

How is it in the wet ?

I have Bilstiens and love em, Ill stick with them in the future on any other vehicles I buy.

Dave.

standard shocks will work fine. they still have enough travel in them.
go test the shocks, if they are stuffed replace them. if not save some $$$.

i assume the ute has already had the rear raised ??

The rear shocks in mine failed at 30,000km's and were replaced under warrenty.

90,000km's I pulled them out and put the Bilstiens in, when I pulled the old ones out I could easily push them in and out.

The Bilstiens on the other hand were rock hard.

Dave.

no i will need to do that also.
New leaf springs or extended shackel?

new springs or add a leaf. trouble with D22 is the rear springs sag really quickly, fitting shackles you will still have the same crap springs. also i'm told shackels illegal in aussie.

As said in an earlier post just wind the front torsion bars up, rear lift can be as simple as a shackle lift or even lift blocks. Try and avoid lifted springs, as they wont flex as well as standard springs. Boss shocks to suit the lift will set you back $205 each. Extended shackles $190 for the pair. Will establish very soon if the smallest boss shock will fit the front. Overall a cheap lift though

rear lift can be as simple as a shackle lift or even lift blocks. Try and avoid lifted springs, as they wont flex as well as standard springs.

Try and avoid extended shackles as they are unengineerable and provide shit axle location. Try and avoid lift blocks as they provide shit axle location and increase axle wrap.

Leaf springs shaped for lift but with lower than standard spring rate will give better flex.

A leaf sprung ute will always be a compromise between comfort/flex and load carrying capability. I have found as a general rule most of the raised aftermarket springs are a heavier rating than standard.

Latest posts

Back