stx 550 black sports bars finished in?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
hi guys does anyone know what finish the 550's black roll bars are finished in. id like to get my aluminium bars on my st-x 2007 painted black, some people are saying standard paint won't stick and to get them powder coated.

so whats the 550 finished in please if u no?

I had mine blasted, and the finish is pretty rough, i was going to have them powdercoated and got a couple quotes, one was 380... and the other was 180 considering they were already blasted and spotless. While at supercheap the other day they had a special on the 3M pressure pack paints, so i got some metal primer, which is no where near thick enough to bring up a smooth finish, even when i sanded it back. And some matte black paint. i reckon you would need 3 cans of primer...
Anyways, another mate said he could paint them for me at work for nothing so im going with that. he seems to think that the finish will be quite smooth and thick and shouldnt chip. If you have the money to throw away at it though i would get it powdercoated.

Hey mate, i'm selling mine with the hard lid (STX 550, Black) as i've put a canopy on, might be worth it to save the hassle

$800 the lot, i'm in Sydney

Back