STX 2011 on Sand.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
Okay, I've driven a fair bit on sand with my previous fourbys, but this is the first with traction control and I have been very curious to watch it in action off road but I am aware soft sand is a different story because you need to keep the wheels spinning and with TC braking a spinning wheel, the tend to bog down....

Just wondering has anyone had theirs on soft sand yet? If I turn the VDC off, I don't know whether that disables the TC or not. Should read the manual I suppose!

I'm heading up to DI at Easter, camping at Freshwater and pulling a camper trailer so I will find out soon enough.

Manual version?

Just had a read of the OM. The VDC will reduce engine power working in conjunction with the TC to help regain traction. If you need full power, eg sand, you can turn the VDC off but it does not disable the TC. There you go. May just remove the abs fuse!

Hi Tryharder,

i have a 2011 ST manual though i don't believe it has traction control, it does however love the sand i have taken it to Fraser and stradbroke island with no dramas.

just some friendly beach blasting info

Just turn the VDC off mate and you'll be fine. They bog down quite badly with it on.

Latest posts

Back