Stripped assist grip handle.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
So ham fisted me was installing an assist grip handle above the door for the back seats on my D22 and I overtightened one of the screws and stripped the hole. :sad:

Would of thought those handles would be fixed in strong with a nut welded up there or something but its just a hole in the frame and a self taping screw.

What are my best options for fixes that aren't going to fall off when someone tries to get in and hold the handle??

You can use a "NUTSERT" they are like a pop rivot but have a threaded hole thru the centre. You drillout the screw and then install. Most sheet metal work comanies will have them and may only charge 10 bucks or so to install. Good luck.

When things reopen again I'll go searching for a bigger screw and see if it will go in. The metal in that area seems pretty soft I can see it tearing or making a mess.

That nutsert sounds interesting though. Sounds like it'll be stronger as well cause people do pull them pretty hard when getting through those narrow rear doors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back