Stock muffler removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav.22

Reaction score
Hi y'all
Would it do any damage if I removed the muffler of my ute and didn't replace it with a straight pipe. completely remove the muffler back ? Or better of replacing with a bit of pipe ?

Legally you only have to have an exhaust running to the most rear passenger seat. So technically yeah you could just remove it, only thing is you might get a bit of soot covering you tyre/ inside of your rear bar.

Yeah well I'm think go might just unbolt it and get a pipe put there depending on price might be cheaper for a straight through 3 inch it's a single cab so it might stand out abit more if I just unbolt it

So u think just take it out under the cab and don't worry about the pipe has any body done this and noticed any difference ?

Not on a navara but did on an 85 patrol turbo diesel I used to have and even with the stock exhaust and no muffler is wasn't very loud at all right under the cab.... Mind you it was a lot louder with the 3 inch hahaahah, sounded like a truck then..

Mind you I'd still dump it on a downward angle so you can try to keep as much soot off the back as possible...

Legally you need to have the exhaust exit past the rear most cabin on a motorcar, so you could get away with it here....but....also your exhaust must be pointing outward from the car and to do this you need a side exit exhaust.

Legally you can have a side exit exhaust, but it needs to be on the drivers side. as the nav fuel tanks there its a bit of a bitch.

my post from a couple of days ago might be relevant to you :

http://www.navara.asia/showpost.php?p=311869&postcount=23

with a video of sound difference from stock to muffler eliminator pipe.

Has any body removed the standard cat ? And how do u do this 3.0 litre ?

Back