steering bits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
hello again, im building up my navara v6 to go on long tours through the cape and the simpson etc and i was wondering if its worth upgrading the tie rods to rock rods, bracing the idler arm and installing the calmini control arms? or should i keep the standard system? what is less likely to break in the middle of nowhere? i wont be lifting the truck higher than 2 inches despite the control arms, but i do drive fairly hard. cheers, fatman

i'd at least get the idler arm brace. if you get calmini uca's and only lift it 2 inches you will get slightly more down travel than what you would with standard uca's. the other thing that might be worth looking at for the cape is a front locker. whether it be a lokka or an air locker either will help. tie rods maybe, i know someone on here recently busted both of his out in the bush but i wouldn't say it's a common problem...

i would get a front lokka but i dont know how it would go in 4 hi for long hours in really soft sand. i know i would get heaps more traction but i think cvs etc would be more likely to break and probably use more fuel, might eventually get an air locker but im ok for now, the front suspension under my nav looks to be in fairly good nick im just wondering if its worth rebuilding with aftermarket bits or just re bush the standard?, i reckon that the front suspension/steering is probably the weakest link on the d22 so i wanna make sure i have the most durable setup.

Mate in sand just unlock 1 hub in the front if u worryed about th extra stress that way u still have drive but wont loose steering and if it was me swap each side each day or as u need them

I don't see how it would make any difference being locked all the time. The steering will be harder but you will be less likely to brake something with a locker than without. You will use more fuel any time you are in 4wd, but a locker isn't going to make it any worse. If you are driving in a straight line whether it is soft sand or hard sand you won't even notice it

yeah im seriously considering a lokka now after researching a bit, so nobody knows much about all the aftermarket steering bits?

im looking at rear springs and i found dobinsons with rubber bushes+shackles+ubolts for 700
ive already got efs shocks so im gunna get the torsion bars wound up to match, will the dobinsons springs go with the efs shocks? or should i get efs springs? i do prefer rubber bushes and i heard dobinsons was good

Latest posts

Back