starting trouble

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaraD4009

Reaction score
The first time I start the car of a day every day it starts first go the revs die then it stalls, after this it takes alot to get started again then once it starts it runs fine throughout the day. Anyone got any idea whats wrong?

Possibly air in the fuel line. Causes are:

* not perfectly fitted seal in fuel filter
* overtightened fuel hoses
* perished/cracked/damaged/overheated fuel lines
* Damaged primer bulb
* Fuel tank near empty and parked facing downhill

It could be the glows, but the initial good firing sounds more like they're doing their thing - it'd still be worth checking the relay which is on the sidewall near the starter battery. One of our members recently had their glow relay fry itself.

The first time I start the car of a day every day it starts first go the revs die then it stalls, after this it takes alot to get started again then once it starts it runs fine throughout the day. Anyone got any idea whats wrong?

Yeah mate mine's doing the same thing, it pisses you of after a while. Then sometimes for a couple day it'll start up alright first up.:deadhorse: Took it to nissan and they said a fault code come up about a dirty filter. But mine's been change 2 times in the last 10k. So they did a relearn on the computer and said see if that works. They also said if it dosen't work it's my primer. So the next couple mornings it's started fine, then this mornig it did it again.

Last edited:
Back