Standard airbox vs aftermarket zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilryano

Reaction score
I'm about to fit a snorkel to my zd30 d22 and I've decided to replace the air filter when I'm at it. I was planning on keeping the original air box and replacing the filter or possibly replacing it with a K&N filter. I have however noticed lately a lot of people changing out their air box for an aftermarket unit.
What is the advantage of this? And has anybody that has replaced their factory airbox noticed any power gains?
Cheers

Yes, sorry I didn't describe my question very well. The air box in that thread doesn't appear to be fed from a snorkel. From what people have said the restrictions in the standard air box seem to come from the section between the filter and air intake, by fitting a snorkel I will replace this section. I'm wondering is it worth replacing the air box and pipe secton to the inlet manifold?

i haven't heard of anyone modifying the inlet into the air box, which to me is a shame because it looks so crap. the angle of the entry could be so much better.

the other thing to consider is the distance between the filter and the sides. its been a while but i think it looks on the small side.
someone tried a smaller diameter air filter (which gives greater filter to side clearance) on a patrol and gained power.
the filters are generally big enough, its usually the air box and piping that reduces the air flow.

Latest posts

Back