Spray on tub liner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says on the can "Protects against Corrosion Dust Moisture Abrasion" which is precisely the plan with the tub liner. That's lateral thinking - and clever marketing on behalf of Rhino. If it IS the same product, those buggers have been making a killing for quite some time.

i had Rhino liners in two of my utes and it is great stuff, i think its different to what you show in the link, 1) its not a 2 part product like Rhino is
2) it only dries at 100micron Rhino dries between 3-5mm and in some spots even thicker although it will depend on the person behind the gun

Yeah I knew the Rhino liners and similar products are 2 parts, but isn't the second part just a thinner to make it more easily sprayable?

The stuff in my ebay link says it can be thinned down too with enamel thinner or turps. It also says it's suitable for floor pans and luggage compartments, so you'd assume that a tray would be fine!

The drying thickness is not great, but if you took your time with coats I'm sure it could turn out OK.

Tempted to buy a can and test it out on an old panel first.

body deadner will also melt in direct hot sunlight
you need a 2 pac spray on liner like raptor or rhino

Yeah also look for something which is UV stabilised. Raptor Liner is UV resistant, I contacted one of their reps as when I do my tray with the raptor liner I had planned to use the extra leftover (it's 4L kit which is pretty overkill for a small dual cab tray) to spray onto my flares as they are scratched/have gouges out of them from bush driving/general abuse. I asked a rep if it was ok to use the product on the exterior and that it was not going to fade. They assured me it was fine to do, some people have painted their entire cars with raptor liner in various tints.

Yeah I knew the Rhino liners and similar products are 2 parts, but isn't the second part just a thinner to make it more easily sprayable?

Two pack or two part systems are referring to a paint and a hardener, where the paint needs the chemical reaction with a hardener in order to dry, with out part B it will never dry.
So it really has nothing to do with its ability to be thinned, actually all paints are pretty much able to be thinned, even water base paints can be thinned.

Generally underbody sprays that I have previously sold have either been bitumous coating that never go fully hard are tacky in very hot conditions and melt with any hydro carbon based product like fuel or dergreaser. And the second type was a rubberized coating that was really thick didn't dry hard either but didn't melt. Both of these products were designed to absorb impact and sound which I would assume is why they didn't harden.

So like everyone else has said try one of the name brands that are designed for bed lining, I recently tryed bed armor I think by the brand power plus comes in kits or spray cans I tryed a spray can worked ok was hard to spray thick and took several days to harden but I think there kits are slightly different.

Latest posts

Back