spongy brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navara1

Reaction score
Hi everyone , just joined today , looks like some good info and discussion here.
I have a problem with soft or spongy feel to the brake pedal on my D40. The rotors and pads have just been replaced and it stops great but if you hold pressure on the pedal it will go to the floor.Has anyone had a similar problem ?

im no brakes hero but maybe air in the brake lines...not bled properly...checked braked fluid levels??

Bendix pads have no feel, thats why I went back to standard Nissan Pads.

Use a softer pad Owen. Bendix are overated.

Dave.

oh...i was going to go bendix agfter these pads have worn down. cause bendix have no brake dust...hmmm might get sumfin different

Thanks all , I am going to rebleed and adjust pedal travel to make sure the job was done correctly . If no improvement I will replace the master cylinder as I had a similar problem with an 80 series landcruiser a few years ago and that is what fixed it. I'll let you know how it goes.

For those interested I did solve ths problem eventually . Turned out that at the recent service which also involved front disc and pad replacement the rear brakes had not been adjusted as stated by the mechanic, so after backing off rebleeding and readjusting then adjusting the booster pushrod clearance it now stops as new and no pedal fade out at all .

Latest posts

Back