Solenoids For Dual Battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Was just wondering for those of you who have nowledge in Duel setups, what you think these solenoids are like?? will it be adiquate for a duel set up for my D22??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REDARC-D...ccessories&hash=item2c6c9115b9#ht_1768wt_1161
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12v-50AM...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a818b0d31

i have read around and seen a few suggestions of Redarc etc but, no one that i can find has suggested more specific info on the finer points of a duel set up. (especially for us who are somewhat auto electrically retarded). ie Fuse amperage to meet the correct solenoid amperage with the right guage wires etc etc.
I ask this as im looking at the above mentioned solenoid with the above mentioned fuses, and im sure there are others around who could also use the information. Is there a write up or a how to i am missing??
(a diagram would be awesome)

Thanks for you input in advance.

Last edited:
The Redarc unit will isolate and protect your starter from overdischarging by auxiliaries that are drawing from the second battery. It's a popular way of hooking things up.

Jaybird, thanks thats great informatuion, just what iv been looking for, very insitful. think i may go with this system.

Don't the modern day alternators measure temperature so they can back of the voltage to save on fuel. I know that the prado's do this. the voltage will drop bellow 12v after a certain temp, that is why the Redarc BCDC is used, it maintains over 14v to the AUX battery even once the alternator drops its charge voltage to the main battery. I don't know for sure if this happens to the Navara but I know I am getting 14 plus volts to my Aux battery while its charging then it manages the voltage so it doesn't overcharge and damage the Aux Battery once its charged. I am using optima yellow tops for both my main and aux battery and this system works well for me. I think its easier to setup to as the cables don't have to be big.

cheers

Latest posts

Back