so so tired researching

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john boy

Reaction score
Hi

getting a 2 inch lift been researching for ages but got no damn idea what to get, tough dog, ome e.t.c e.t.c.

want to do some off road some fun a little challenging nothing hard core or anything. ican i 285's on or will i need to get a body lift 2 inch want tires bigger got 265's maxxiss at minute..

how much on average is a engineers cert.

can get old man emu fitted 2100 bucks.

sorry about the whinging scot, just complicatedas i'm newish.

ideally to run 285's you need a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift. this is the easiest way to do it.
otherwise if u go with just the suspension lift, running a negative offset rim and some guard bashing will allow you to run 285's but modding the guards is hard work. much easier to spend a day and fit a body lift.

Depending on what state you are in will determine if you need an engineering cert. i think in some states it is illegal to have a body lift

i live in WA so thats ok cheers,.nice one al will stay from OME what you guy's got.
what kind of shocks heavy duty springs e.t.c

so what you guy's pay for cert.

i live in WA so thats ok cheers,.nice one al will stay from OME what you guy's got.

so what you guy's pay for cert.

Most people have not got engineers certs. Thats why its hard to find a cost.:confused3:

Also, if you go bigger than 265s, you are going to notice the engine struggling to push the bigger tires around. To make up for this you need a chip, bigger exhaust etc....... $$$$$ , goes on and on.

piss that old man emu shit off, go for bilstein shocks with EFS/Lovells/Dobinsons springs.

guy's honestls thanks for your advice i only have the 2.5 d40 so will stick with my 265's want muddies though goodrich dont really know?. but without cert is the car still under warrenty.

If you dont carry constant weight then DONT get heavy duty springs ect

The harder the springs the less flex you will get, not only that but the ride will be very harsh

I've got the same car and had MT muddies and a tough dog 2" lift fitted from brand new. My second nav I've had this done to. Go and talk to Murray at Beach road Tyres and brakes, he did both my cars. Great service at a good price.

If you want to catch up and have a look at mine let me know.

Cheers,
Mike

I went to Apes springs and got efs shocks all round with king springs. Job was done in a day and the whole lot cost about 2000 including wheel alignment. very professional crew and if you chat with them in what you want you will be given suggestions on what is available. I have had mine now for just under a month and is going well onroad. just waiting to get offroad in 2 weeks time. that will be my test. i am running LT 265/76/16 as well. got about 2.5 lift in front and 2.75 in rear.

Latest posts

Back