snorkel safari v's Genuine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MjWatt

Reaction score
Hi All

I've attempted to search for this topic, but haven't found anything, so...

I've got a new Navara ST and going to get a snorkel, just wondering thoughts on Genuine Nissan v's Safari.

I've heard the genuine ones aren't really rated as a snorkel, more a high air intake?

Cheers,

Michael

The genuine ones are fine as long as the piping is sealed properly. If its not sealed properly then any snorkel will leak

I've read a lot about the pre-filter connection causing issues with the standard ones where the Safari one bypass this?

with the Safari you can also run a few accessories from companies like "Uni Filter", like the pre filter socks that slide down the neck, and head covers/filters.
You can also turn the head around with out it getting too close to the pillar when needed.

I chose the safari over the nissan purely because i felt it's reputation made it the better of the two remember also the safari air ram separates the water a little whereas the nissan doesn't however the nissan one does look nicer.

Safari's are also designed to use centrifugal motion to repel water out of the head when its raining...not sure how effective it is??

I personally prefer the genuine snorkel as I think it suits it better then the safari, just going on looks.
Both work fine when installed properly.

I personally prefer the genuine snorkel as I think it suits it better then the safari, just going on looks.
Both work fine when installed properly.
x2 500 bucks is a lot of money for a piece of pipe, genuine was 320 made an 90degree adaptor and un clicked all the genuine piping rubish off so the snorkel is now 100% sealed.

I prefer my stainless snorkel as I know it's fully sealed and it can tak a little more punishment and looks better than the plastic ones but of the 2 I have heard nothing but good things about the safari snorkel

I prefer my stainless snorkel as I know it's fully sealed and it can tak a little more punishment and looks better than the plastic ones but of the 2 I have heard nothing but good things about the safari snorkel

Did you make this yourself or did you purchase it from some where?

A mate of mine made it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378983370.672583.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378983388.005571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378983422.288285.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378983453.572232.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378983473.188775.jpg

Looks like a modified standard d22 airbox to me, they have just made a plate for the inlet side so it can take a round pipe as the standard one is a triangular shape...

He can custom make one for a d40 and it's a stainless mesh on the intake at the top and ur right it's a modified d22 air box has a pod filter in the box

Yeah I have fitted my compressor in the engine bay but going to move it for a second battery setup

Latest posts

Back