Should I colour match my canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I got myself a bargain on a new Caddy CME canopy this week. I'd been looking around for a canopy since buying (wasn't willing to pay Nissan price when new) and not fund anything I liked for a price I was willing to pay. I came across the Caddy on a Telsta truck and decided it was perfect because there is excellent side access and very square/boxy design for loads of storage.

I gt in touch with Caddy and was quoted around $2800 which was a bit steep for my budget. However they had a factory second canopy and got myself $850 discount for the sake of a blemish in the surface that it took me ten minutes to find again after they pointed it out. Can you spot it:

Skitch.png

The only problem with the bargain is that the canopy is metallic grey whereas my truck is white. As well as showing off my new addition, i Thought I'd throw the question out there, what do you think I should do:

1. 1. Leave it as it is, the colour difference looks fine
  2. 2. Stop being a tart, is a ute, who cares what it looks like
  3. Get the canopy sprayed to colour match the rest of the truck
  4. Vinyl wrap the canopy white to be similar to the truck
  5. Vinyl wrap the whole truck and canopy in one colour that will truly match (Matt grey perhaps)

Hey ybod, I think it looks like a great canopy very solid. For my two cents worth I think I would look into the vynal wrap for the canopy if there was a significant saving over paint. In saying that it doesn't look bad enough that I would make the wife and kids live on bread and water to get it done straight away. Ben

Normally I'd say yes but your car is white and the canopy is grey which doesn't look half as bad as some other combinations I can think of.

I'd be inclined to paint it if the money was readily available but it wouldn't bother me driving it like that if I couldn't afford to paint it.

I actually like it as it is. Looks a bit different but it's a good colour combination. If it were me, I'd leave it as is and save the $$.

i have to agree with everyone it doesnt look too bad at all
leave it until you get enough $$$ to colour code it

I think it adds a nice contrast. When you have the $$ to change it, just think what other cool stuff your do to the truck with that coin :)

Yeah, another vote for "I kinda like it". Vinyl wrapping the whole car in "Real Tree Hardwoods" would look cool though :)

Contrast looks good , still shows the lines of the ute , I do like the idea of canopies , I had one on my triton , but I think the ute body is more functional , hence I brought a king cab this time , and have more room then I did with the triton with a canopy , having said all that , yours looks ok that color , and don't look like an over grown station wagon , which I think most utes with color matched canopies do

Latest posts

Back