shopping centes trollies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocky_boy

Reaction score
Hi

sorry but got to let of a little steam left work i have own buisness in shopping centre so went out to car and some mother rolled up the trolly into back of ute now got a 6 in sharp crack in back now i,ve got to fix it bloody fuming.

happened before last time work sure a ute hit it and crack again started to rust so had to get fixwd 900bucks 300 excess.

:devil: :rant:

jock

any ides how i can mend before spending 300 bucks again.

A cow dented the tailgate of my old man's crewman a few weeks back while it was parked in the paddock and because the paint wasn't cracked the small dent removal bloke was able to pop the dent out leaving virtually no trace. There is a very slight mark where the dent was but you can only see it by getting up close. It cost insurance $140 to fix it.

If the cracking you refer to is the paint cracking then my guess would be that it needs to be repainted (in part or in full) if you want it to look like anything other than a patch up job.

I'm no professional spray painter but I've resprayed a few cars over the years and if I had such a thing happen to my ute I'd probably just take it straight to the pros, if it was on an older car I'd probably just employ backyard mechanic techniques and do it myself.

its a year old so have to fork out again for the same thing second time round 900bucks last time whole back panel 300 excess be the same again. i thing i'll start taking my beat up old hyundai excell dogs car for beach, to work.

jock

I know plenty of people that do exactly that. My sis in law refuses to park her new car at several of the shopping centres in Perth now because of damage done to cars by trollies and doors so she just takes the old car and lets the idiots smash away. The annoying thing is that since she started doing that there's been no new dings in the old Hyundai.

just need more barwork. My drivers door copped a dirty big dent and took paint off from a trolley after only having it a couple months.

Was driving through a Coles carpark the other day, looked at the stereo and then hit a shopping trolley with the bullbar, sent it flying but it was 11.30pm so didn't hit anything as there were no cars around.

Dave.

I've done that in a truck at about 60ks on the highway through Cranbourne and at about 35ks through the Safeway carpark when I used to use it as a shortcut between loading docks. The make a massive bang when you hit them right and if you don't see them until too late the bang can nearly be deafening.

Not long ago my future bro in law was sitting in his mrs vx commodore while she got her nails done or something, an old bloke banged his trolley all down the side of the vx and then opened his door into it. He got out and said a few not so kind words but he didnt even care and quickly took off.

The previous owner of my Nav used to do maintenance at ABC child care centres and both sides of the car are rippled like beach sand, lots of pissed off mums out there! I only really notice it when looking at the right angle but its still annoying.

Try ebay for a replacement tailgate!
I backed into a a trailer one night and put a crease in the middle of my D40 Tailgate. Panel beater quoted $2500 to repair. 860 for nissan tailgate without paint or fittings and 450 for one tail light.
I looked on ebay and found a tailgate for $80 same colour and model as mine, just bolted on, then bought a nissan taillight from Thailand via ebay for $45. All fixed for less than my insurance excess!!:cheers!:

good thing about my navara i got it through my buisness so 100 percent tax deductable as i use it for work:wink: i will tell them it got damaged as when i was working so i might get it tax deductable when get it fixed not sure how it works

jock

I have the same benefits jocky as I am a contractor but you still have to weight it all up. If something is going to cost 2200 to fix, you can immediately save 200 from the gst component, then 2000 comes off your taxable income so you save a bit more there depending on your tax rate.

If you can find a second hand tailgate for 400 or it ends up costing you say it works out to be 1700 after deductions, you will be 1300 better off, maybe even more as you will be able to deduct the price of the tailgate if you receive a tax invoice from a wreckers yard etc. But finding one the same colour might be difficult!

Last edited:
Back