Sell or not to sell??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
Let's face it, the nav can never be a truly ultimate 4x4!!

I'm really keen on buying a GQ/GU cab chop ute 4.2TD, 4" lift with 37s!!!

What do I do?? Spend stupid amount of money on the nav to make her more capable or part ways and go for the ultimate 4x4??

calcal said:
Let's face it, the nav can never be a truly ultimate 4x4!!

I'm really keen on buying a GQ/GU cab chop ute 4.2TD, 4" lift with 37s!!!

What do I do?? Spend stupid amount of money on the nav to make her more capable or part ways and go for the ultimate 4x4??

Sell me
Your goodies? :)

It can be almost as good. But not the same. But I love mine.
It'll do anything a 3' lifted patrol with lockers will do.

Last edited:
It can be almost as good. But not the same. But I love mine.
It'll do anything a 3' lifted patrol with lockers will do.

I don't believe this is true!! My mates got a GQ with 2" lift and 33s and on rutted hill climbs he leaves me for dead coz he's got the flex to keep the wheels on the ground were the nav just fails!!!! And every time I push it up a hill, I snap tie rods!!!!!!

calcal said:
I don't believe this is true!! My mates got a GQ with 2" lift and 33s and on rutted hill climbs he leaves me for dead coz he's got the flex to keep the wheels on the ground were the nav just fails!!!! And every time I push it up a hill, I snap tie rods!!!!!!

You should have more front end clearance. Ruts will be your friend. Front locker in now you will love it mate!
But either way, you do what makes you happy an sounds like only a patrol will.. Same went for me a few months back.
I am
Offering a customer money for his GQ today just as a toy. Needs a new crank in an rd28 gq.
Hopefully he takes my
Offer.

I would have thought with a locker then you wouldnt have too much drama with the ruts. Can always stick one in the rear too! But at the end of the day, if you have your heart set on a Patrol, then the nav will never be what you want it too, unless you go hard at it like Joshy.

Latest posts

Back