RX 4x4 Dual Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogue

Reaction score
Hi all,
i'm looking to buy a new 4x4 dual cab and saw that Nissan have the RX for $31990 drive away with 1% finance.
I noticed the RX produces less power and uses more fuel than the ST. Is there much of a difference in the real world?
Apart from missing the extra fruit of the ST is there any other mechanical differences?
Will the perform the same off road (light to medium 4wding)?
Any help would be great.

Welcome to the forum!

The real world differences are quite minimal. Fuel consumption is about 2LPHK higher in real terms (around 10LPHK in the 140kW version to around 12LPHK in the 126kW). That will equate to (assuming 20,000km per year) 400 litres of diesel per year more in the 126kW version - about $600 a year.

Off-road, they're very similar. Wheel base and track are the same, ground clearance is the same, weights are the same. Factory suspension is woeful on both. There are minor differences to the chassis up front, so bullbars may not fit between one and the other but once fitted they'll take the same accessories.

They also look similar. In fact, some RX owners replace the steel frame on the front of the tub with sports bars and replace the RX logo with 'ST-X' (I've spotted the black grille and indicators-in-guards on an "STX").

G'day mate/

As Tony mentions the in real world terms there are similar. I have the 126Kw Thai built King Cab and quite happy with the performance. Although my fuel consumption is around 10L per 100K sometimes better but it is a manual and I do have favourable driving conditions. Again as mentioned the suspension is crap. If I brought the same vehicle again I would upgrade the suspension before I even took delivery. Yeah it's that bad and if your going off road with it you have to upgrade the suspension anyways.
Less fruit but with the money you saved you might be able opt it up a bit. :)
If your going the manual. One advantage with the Thai built trucks is they have a single mass flywheel. Although having said that I haven't heard of to many problems with the later Spanish built trucks in that regard.

Hey Vogue
I bought the RX model in Jan this year and I am more than happy with it. I did test drive an ST and found a slight difference in power but certainly not $9k worth. I'd definitely get on board with the 1% as it was only being offered with the ST when I bought mine
As Tony said Sports bars are a straight swap over and other accessories are easy to come by. Wheels are a bit harder but if you look at my garage you will see that I change my factory steelies to aftermarket ones $500 all up with my tyres on them.
Good luck hope this helps

Mate, I bought an new RX dual cab back in March 2012. Had a few glitches with it, but once rectified it's all good.
Suspension is now 'Tough Dog'.
Installed a DPF delete pipe,
Installed EGR plate,
Performance chip to come next week.
Black steel wheels and BFG's.
I use the ute every day for work and do a LOT of km's and found it comfy enough.
Mine came with the chrome grille, so if I bought a sports bar and ST badges it would be hard to pick, (though it has a tray at the moment).
Good luck!
Cheers,
Craig.

Latest posts

Back