rust proofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl 9480

Reaction score
I bought the Missus a new Patrol wagon (I still kept my D22) and I am hoping for some advice about which way to go with the rust-proofing: under body spray, electronic, or both - Any help would be appreciated.

Both not that electronic works in my opinion. i just did mine finished today filled everywhere up with tektol and then painted the chassis and underside of cab with body deadner with a little bit of fisholene mixed in. shit job car now stinks like poo :) but the smell will go in a few weeks. now ive just gotta wait for it all to set properly before i hit the dirt or beach :)

I have electronic couplertec unit and its good. I have heard diesel and fisholene mix sprayed in the chassis rails is cheap insurance against salt etc.

Yeah you definatly need a gun with a long hose like above and if you can get one that sprays out of all for sides at once then you can just jam it up in places then slowly pull ot out it will cover all surfaces. takes a few times to work out how slow to pull it out but you can never have to much. fisholene is good and what we use to use years ago but i think tektyl is better it seems to stay there where as fisholene seems to break down and disapear over the years.

If you do it yourself do your self.a favour before you start and shave every bit of hair of your body lol.
It sticks like something to a blanket ;)

i wonder if anyone ahs tried the Lanotec U.P. no harmful chemicals and is lanolin based. maybe just for the inside of chassis rails to seal the welds etc. i have the problem i spray degreaser on the chassis rails to remove dirt and stuff. this would wash it all off when i wash it after a dirty weekend

I use to just inox the whole underside of my rodeo then after going on the beach would degrease it and re inox again. did it for 8years no rust plus chassis looks like new when you hit it with inox. my old ute use to see heaps of beach work when i first got it sometimes three times a week and when i sold it a week ago it had no signs of rust.
With that said over the eight years i probly spend a small fortune on inox and it would of been cheaper to rust proof it properly with tektyl or fisho

Back