rpm vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regie01

Reaction score
Just brought new 2012 D40 2.5td. Noticeing minor vibration coming through dash and drivers door when accelerating through 2000- 2100rpm before gear change. It is an auto and goes away before and after that rev range. i have read another forum about vibrating torque coverters. Cant find anything loose on dash or under bonnet. Any ideas??

Welcome to the forum.

The torque converter vibration issue was due to the torque converter clutch trying to lock. It is independent of the engine RPM because it won't do it below 80km/h or above about 105km/h - it only vibrates in that range, and that's because it can't make its mind up whether to lock or not. It might be a tentative lock, or a lock-fail-release that causes the vibration.

If yours is vibrating in any gear at 2000-2100rpm then it's more likely to be engine-specific. Right at that point, your turbo is peaking and the full torque of the engine is being developed. Does the vibration change with different vehicle (not engine) speed? I'm trying to ask: is the vibration the same at 2,000rpm in 2nd gear as it is at 2,000rpm in 4th gear?

What kind of vibration is it? Is it a thumping, buzzing, ticking or rattling? Is this vibration isolated to the door and dash, or can it be felt by a passenger in their footwell, or the left-side A pillar? I am deliberately picking other areas to determine if the vibration is a loose dash and door, or a problem with the engine. We've heard of loose door strikers etc before.

Thanks for reply, it is noticeable in all gears when accelerating eg. top gear 110kph is doing exactly 2100 rpm and is very noticeable if going up a hill when hitting that rev range and engine under more load. It can be heard in the car but sometimes starting in the centre of the dash from the area below the radio then moves to top of dash to the the door area before going away. It sometimes sounds like window is loose but window and door don't appear to be loose. It is a slight buzzing sound that can be heard, not so much felt.

Had the problem with my 2010 D40 king cab when new. The said a clutch pipe or some such thing. I know nothing about mechanics. They put in a modified one and has not happened since.

Have a minor vibration on my manual D40. Comes in at exactley 1900rpm. Can't notice it in the lower gears, only in 5th. and 6th. Seems to come up thru the windscreen in fact in 6th at those revs the rear view can go a touch blury.

Had a buzzing sound also in a very narrow rev range and that turned out to be the snorkel piping not sealed.

I had somthing that sounded the same and it ended up bein the auto shifter cable vibrating on the back of the heater box. Double sided tape between the both fixed it

Latest posts

Back