Rocker Cover Pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WadeSTR

Reaction score
Hi all

Just noticed the other day after replacing my oil cap after the old cap chipped which I luckily noticed when I serviced it last I took off the cap while the engine was running and was surprised at the pressure coming out of there does this sound normal to you guys? It wasn't huge pressure but enough to spray a bit of oil over the rocker cover around the hole... I'm a little concerned but this is the first time i've had the cap off while running.

sounds perfectly normal to me, the oil that is not the cracked cap. not only is the oil getting pumped up to the top of the motor, but you have moving parts that will flick the oil around as the oil runs across them and makes its way back down to the bottom again.
i once forgot to put the cap back on my d22 3lt. i only remembered after starting it and hearing the different sound of the motor, i stopped the car, popped the hood and there was oil all over the sound/heat shield on the bonnet.

That's sounds good then I fitted a catch can a wasn't too sure if that made any difference to the PCV. But what a difference it makes to the amount of oil getting back into the inlet.

what makes it worse is there is a big gap in the front so gas from the crank area gets a straight run up to the rocker cover.

If it's normal and everyone else's are the same then I'm happy 110 thousand and still going strong...

Latest posts

Back