rims and offset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt27

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

it's time to upgrade the original rubber on my 2008 D22. The tires from new have just clocked 49000km's, so now about to lash out on some Cooper ST's 265/75/16 on some black steel rims.

i thought it was a simple case of just ordering the rims, that was until i started reading through this forum. Offset ? what is it and should i be looking into it?

i would rather spend my money once and get it right?
I have just up graded the suspenion to an OME nitro chargers and rear springs which has onlt raised it maybe an inch or so.

waht i sthe std offset and the pro's and con's of going away from that setting.

cheers,

Welcome to the forums matt can I suggest you try the search function. I may not take a lot of notice of tyre threads like this but I'm sure it's been asked heaps of times.

the reason it is a bit messy is because the same questions get answered again and again in new threads. If we can get people to search (the info is there) and not create a new thread we are gonna be helping keep it easier to find info.

Try this, D22 wheel and tyre section. There's a stickie on 265/75/16's. Read through it, very helpful and has offset info.
Then hail the navara forum for answering you question.
Peace.

i used the search button and just found this this. how bout a cleanup of old or obsolete threads?

Admins/mods probably don't have the spare time to clean up, delete, combine all the old threads on the same topics (I don't believe too many threads other than mine are ever obsolete so I wont use that word). As Al said the reason there is so many is because of the number of times people ask general topics like tyres, dual batteries, suspension etc. This is not a direct dig at anyone but it is time people learned to use the search function and use it for different terms.

If searching for "rims and offsets" only reveals one thread people should try something else, refine their search by model, refine their search by section, even try different search criteria. There is even the possibility of using the "Advanced Search" function which searches the contents of threads for words not just the topics.

As far as I am aware these functions are available to all users and guests and if they were utilised better the mods wouldn't have to do a clean up or atleast nowhere near as often.

Back