Right full lock scrubbing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Lately I've been finding a scrubbing sound on full right hand wheel lock.
I think I've got that right, the left hand tyre sounds like it is rubbing.
I've checked the tyre but no rubbing on the tyre.
Also had a good look at the shocks and they look the same but they are short buggers and doesn't look to be much distance between the top and bottom.
So I'm guessing, even tho the left bounces back, the shock is stuffed.
Or, is this a common problem with the D22.
Hope I've said that right.
Cheers

Thanks for the replies folks.
Does that mean I have to replace 4 bits of plastic as per pic ?? and where do they get fitted ??
Or is it something else ?

Attachments

• lock caps.JPG
    lock caps.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 96
You can replace them if you want, but it will be cheaper to just grease them up....
If you look under the front end you will see them.

Are the front end shocks on the old D22 short buggers ??
They only look about 12 inches long.
I'm wondering if they are shot and need replacing. I reason I ask is, it looks a a bit low on the left hand side from the drivers seat.

Shocks won't help that. But by now they probably have had it. I replaced mine at around 60 000km in my 2010 and they were almost buggered. The torsion bars are what affect the ride height in the front end, so if it looks like it has sagged they will either need adjusting or replacing.

I'm gunna try new shocks first to see what happens.
Just got a new set of RAW G6023BY which are supposed to be good for the duel cab nav's.
I dunno, but what got me was, they don't come with the rubber boots.
Bit sus that is. I guess the boots will cost me extra but the shocks were a good price.

Thanks for the replies folks.
Does that mean I have to replace 4 bits of plastic as per pic ?? and where do they get fitted ??
Or is it something else ?

well with the steering lock caps its not so much a scrubbing noise but a louder screeching noise on full lock

the caps are easy to replace, you can put those plastic ones on, you can slap some grease on them, or you can get the $3 rubber chair feet from bunnings which is what i do :)

6224d1169679910-im-getting-uneasy-feeling-my-

Thanks for the pics Jarone.
Not sure at the mo, I'm starting to think shocks. New ones going in.
Seems a bit funny it only scrubs on the left and is down a bit on the left. Right hand side is OK.
Trial and error I guess but I'll get it fixed.

Latest posts

Back