Ridgie's ride.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally forgot about those cup holders! How is it?
Did you get the "earthquake" horn? 300db I think?
They're 2 of my up and coming mods, nothing better than cruisin along with a cold drink and a big horn!

Thanks lads.

Jase - still plenty to do just doing some of the easy ones that even I can do!

Marcus - the horn is a Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Car Air Horn 12volt 300Hz.

Well, as a matter of fact - yes!

I had an 80 series airbox and wasn't going to fit it - just couldn't see the point, but I read through some posts and thought what the hell - why not.

So a few of us got together today and fitted it......... well two blokes fitted it the rest had beer and cooked a BBQ....... How many VNOGGERS does it take to fit an airbox??

It has come up a treat thanks to Jase and Dion's handy work. Thanks lads - it's the little things that make the difference.

Just some finishing touches on Sunday and she will be done.

The single din cup holder will be removed and thrown on the junk pile under the house - what a piece of crap that is.

Last edited:
A lick of paint, some sealant and a periscope will see you tackling any river crossing:sarcastic:

A big thanks to Dion too, You were a great help in designing and fitting the brackets, as well as critiquing my MacGyver style of engineering to ensure a top notch job:cheers!:

Airbox and new tyres.

Time for some pics of the latest changes - airbox and tyres.

Crossed a few rivers on the weekend and the airbox and filter was dry after the deepest crossing! The water/dust trap on the 80 box works a treat - when I took it off today it had about a tablespoon of damp dust - better in there than clogging the filter.

The Kuhmo KL71 have proven themselves on two trips now. One around Freestone Creek, climbing out of some creek crossings and then down Zeka Spur into the Wonnangatta, up Hernes Spur and then the climb up Billy Goat Bluff Track (1200mtr climb in 7 kms). Into some muddy ruts and they grabbed their way through. Plenty of grip off road and great on the black top. Very happy at $285 each.

Attachments

• DSCF8093.jpg
    DSCF8093.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF8095.jpg
    DSCF8095.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF8100.jpg
    DSCF8100.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF8102.jpg
    DSCF8102.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Their time had come..... two were worn out after about 50k - as I was negligent with rotations.

Hi mate, love the rig.... Done some very tasteful mods...

Got a couple of questions.

- With the checkerplate rear panel, how do you go about getting your spare tyre down??? I've been looking to do this for a while but can't work this part out, does the bar still get underneath well enough to do it easily?

- When you removed your sidesteps, does it leave holes in the floor? How did you fill/cover them??

Again very nice rig, hopefully mine will be up to that standard in the not too distant future

Cheers
Michael

Cheers mate - thanks.

The bar still gets in there no worries.

Yep - holes in the floor that I filled with some grommets from Repco. Interestingly the holes are not all the same size!! Some guys put silicone or sikaflex around the grommets also for a dead set water tight seal.

How about some pics on your thread with the 33's fitted?

Latest posts

Back