reseting speedo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricey

Reaction score
has anyone reset there speedo after fitting 265/75/16 to a D40

tyre calculator says its over 5kmph over speed at 100kmph

or would you use a 245/75/16 and only be just over 1kmph over at 100kmph

cheers
Paul

has anyone reset there speedo after fitting 265/75/16 to a D40

tyre calculator says its over 5kmph over speed at 100kmph

or would you use a 245/75/16 and only be just over 1kmph over at 100kmph

cheers
Paul

From what i've read on other threads using 75's evens up the speedo and it doesn't need to be reset. Having said that, i don't think the speedo can be reset anyway.

You can:

* Request Nissan to fix it. They will charge you as much as they can get away with for this.

* Buy a box from Jaycar to adjust the signal to the ECU and calibrate it with a GPS device on a clear day away from any overhead obstructions (like city streets).

* Just use a GPS and forget the in-dash speedo (this is how I do it).

Your tyre choice has also changed your odometer reading. It appears that the odometer reading comes from the ABS sensors and not the transmission revolution sensor, so you probably won't be able to adjust that.

This has been covered a few times on many forums .The speedo is non adjustable uless you want to hack into the operating code of the dash ecu.
The fitting of your new tires will bring the dash pretty close to being accurate well close enough that if you go by what it says your not going to be getting booked but you will be close to the indicated speed.
My understanding is that the speedo averages a signal from all the wheel speed sensors and then puts that as your speed.
I run a Scangauge and have in dash GPS and the speedo is good enough to stay outa trouble

Back