Rattle front left fender

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markos

Reaction score
regards my st navara D40 diesel manual rattle i have found it. what it is at about 1100 rpm at idle it has a very slight vibration must be torsional vibration maybe normal for a diesel ?? but as you keep revving it in neutral at about 1400 rpm the left front panel VIBRATES. Now how to fix it. I am going to see Nissan this morning to see what they say. I want to make sure the vibration is normal first but the only way to fix would be to spray FOAM, not sure i have not really had a good look. All i done is stuck a few pieces of cardbord inside the engine bay inbetween the joint and its much better allready but needs a permanent solution. Any IDEA has someone done it before with spray FOAM? Because the D40 has the flared guard all in one piece its quite a big section and has NO SUPPORT or INSULATION it VIBRATES on those RPM i mentioned. thanks

Last edited:
Very interesting ... would like to see what nissan has to say about it, and if there is a fix. I'll have a test of mine tonight when i get home.

but, i have the snorkle on the left hand side - i wonder if that helps to reduce the vibration (or cause vibration), but does that mean the right hand side might vibrate instead?

went to nissan yesterday, manager said he will put something to try and stop it. Will let you know once its done. I think snorkel will help reduce the rattle. It only does on the left side must be how the engine turns and causes the torsional vibration on that spot/side. Best to hear it sit inside the car windows shut and rev up slowly untill you maybe fill that spot.
I also used a stetoscope you can hear it good vibrating on the flared panel its on one spot.
need helper for this to rev slowly. The rattle is about exactly where the snorkel goes, the cut out will CUT THAT RATTLE OUT!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i took splash panel off to take a look. drivers side the wipers water bottle is what was rattling inside there, a little foam fixed it.
left side rattle was similar the whole fender vibrated especially around 1500 rpm, a bit of foam inside there fixes it up. make sure splash panels are removed as you dont want to restrict the aiflow to the airfilter. If you have a snorkel you dont have to worry too much about this.
its a good ute now no vibration feels firm and when changing gears and revs drop no more of that vibration rattling noise i can actually hear the engine revving nicely, feels good now to drive. Dissapointed that nissan has not sorted this out especially been a 2011 series 5 model but its not hard to fix.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back