Preparing the Long Range Tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
Bought this tank and wasn't happy with the paint / protection---as mentioned in other threads the tank is made from aluminised steel sheet metal....however all the welded joints are left bare--apart from a lick of paint which seems to offer very little.

here is a pic of my 100 series long range tank
Picture139-2.jpg

and after treating all welds
Picture149.jpg

so the d22 got the same treatment before I installed it.

painted it with 2 pack etch primer then 4 coats of 2pack black...then hand brushed an "anti rust" body wax /oil over the tank

DSCF6886.jpg

DSCF6888.jpg

Looks good. I just had my long ranger fitted on Wednesday. They are one solid unit. Get some pictures up once you install it. Just so I can compare how low it hangs.

I fitted both my tanks myself...the Landcruiser was a SOB due to lack of room

the d22 is simple--in saying that I have a pit, a hyd gearbox stand and a mate to help position.....I took the d22 tank out again last weekend due to the fuel level float got "stuck"...my bad.

Picture179.jpg

I'll post some pics up tomorrow night of the install

some more pics of the attachment points--the front was a PITA along with te fuel filler tubes.

DSCF7377.jpg

DSCF7381.jpg

and I had to use longer fuel hoses--pics are of the std hoses--I made up new ones approx 150mm longer

DSCF7373.jpg

Latest posts

Back