Pioneer Reverse camera wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY91

Reaction score
Hey guys i know there is plenty of info about reverse cameras on here but i cant seem to find my answer im wanting

Ive got a Pioneer AVH-P8450bt headunit and a Pioneer CD-BC5 camera
now problem im having is I cant seem to get the camera to turn on when I go in reverse and automatically come up on my screen, I have to physically go into main menu and select reverse view, i dont know if its my wiring but ill explain what I've done...

Power - Connected to reverse light power
Ground - Reverse Light ground
Video - Connected to rear view connecting on headunit

I hope it makes all sense and I hope someone can please help

Last edited:
Have you got the feed for the head unit connected to either the reverse light or the reverse switch on the gearbox (could be a relay in the 2011 I'm not sure) so that the head unit knows when to switch the screen on?

You need to change camera polarity to battery that's how mine works

naa connected to reverse light
i didnt know where the reverse switch was for the gear box
Have you got the feed for the head unit connected to either the reverse light or the reverse switch on the gearbox (could be a relay in the 2011 I'm not sure) so that the head unit knows when to switch the screen on?

I don't know the specific head unit but you need a feed usually from the light, the relay or the switch that sends the signal to the unit. When the unit gets the signal it automatically goes to reverse camera on screen and that should override any other service on the screen. If you have the signal coming from any part of the reverse light circuit to the back of the head unit and it's not switching it sounds to me like it's something in the head unit not switching the screen on at the right time.

Personally I don't see a need to have the camera on all the time but a live camera shouldn't change how the head unit gets the signal.

thanks for the info man
yeah well I bought this headunit just the other day and came with a new model camera so might re-wire and hook the new one up that came with my headunit, hopefully goes well.

I don't know the specific head unit but you need a feed usually from the light, the relay or the switch that sends the signal to the unit. When the unit gets the signal it automatically goes to reverse camera on screen and that should override any other service on the screen. If you have the signal coming from any part of the reverse light circuit to the back of the head unit and it's not switching it sounds to me like it's something in the head unit not switching the screen on at the right time.

Personally I don't see a need to have the camera on all the time but a live camera shouldn't change how the head unit gets the signal.

The head unit itself should have a reverse light input also, just tee into the power you tapped into for the camera and it should work fine

Latest posts

Back