Petrol D40 deleted from sales?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jet-6

Reaction score
Whats the deal with Nissan pulling the Petrol D40 from the market, i was only told today and have been looking to get one and was told today there is no way i will get one now?

WTF!

First I've heard of it and nothing else around the net on it.

Have you checked with more than one dealer to make sure it's not just their bullshit?

I will make some more calls tomorrow, but the dealer is a very good friend of mine, he has no reason to talk stuff up with me

Anyone else hear this? I find it strange they would do that

It makes sense in some ways unfortunately. The D40 in Europe is all diesel and as far as I am aware Aus and NZ were some of the few countries with the VQ40. Same as the 4x2 has vanished I dare say they are going the same with the VQ40 so we fall in with the European models.
The D40 in Nth America still comes in petrol only but in either V6 or straight 4

I best pull my finder out then is i want the only 200kw dual cab ute on the market!

It has to be an auto, fuel costs are not an issue, it will be leased

Cause for $50k you can only get 140KW in diesel, for the same money i can get the 198KW petty

Fair call
They are 2 totally different animals to drive big time. The oiler feels like its rev change rev change rev change and your changing every 1500rpm
The petrol you get to rev out so lots longer between shifts .Both go just as hard but its a different drive thats for sure.
Mine is petrol and yeah I like it way bettera

Ive got a real 4WD, so this will be just my daily driver, no need for diesel, and my Patrol consumes en ought for 3 Navara's, lol

I signed for a petrol stx yesterday. I have been waiting a while and the price has come down a lot. I think i got a good deal. the sales am told me they are becoming as rare as hens teeth and know there is only 3 available in WA. However I was told build time was 6-12 weeks depeneding on shipping so I dont know what to believe

Yer i was told 12 weeks build time then told this today, so ill get on the phone tomorrow and see whats i can sort

I could understand them doing it, but at the same time can see why not too as well. I guess it is one of those things, they've weighed it up and decided better to go just diesels.

Yep, well its all over for them, made a few calls and once there gone, thats it, but now there stuck with a $10k gap between STX and the 550

Yer got a new Wildtrak, chipped, cooled and boosted, funny thing is the Ranger autos flog the NAVARA autos hands down, with less power up front too

Latest posts

Back