Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
I guess so, there is a few spots where water could sit but like u said would most likely dry out after a while. If it got to filter it would sit at bottom of the housing anyway. Is the intake of the apollo housing and outlet both 3" if u can remember? In the process of ordering silicon couplers =)

It's smaller then 3" I believe it's like 2.75

I wouldn't touch it, sorry guys.

It comes "pre-oiled" which means oil particles WILL enter the MAFS. Inside the MAFS is a small wire that's heated to determine airflow rate. If there's oil on it, the oil will burn ... MAFS becomes inaccurate and it's $400 thank you Mr Nissan.

Nice idea, but don't pre-oil things for MAFS-equipped engines!

I have a k&n but i dont oil it. Before i fitted it i used the recharge kit cleaner solution to get all the oil off and let it air dry before putting it in.

It doesnt make a huge difference to the filter if you dont oil it anyway. Mines only for onroad use, offroad, its factory filter all the way.

hi 4byfor,

when you installed the apollo filter and plazmaman hard piping, did you notice your revs jumping around? Ive done both, and ive noticed if i hit 2500rpm in 1st or 2nd the revs jump up and down and it sounds like the snorkel is playing a ping pong match inside with the air. Noticed anything like that before? cheers mate

hi 4byfor, when you installed the apollo filter and plazmaman hard piping, did you notice your revs jumping around? Ive done both, and ive noticed if i hit 2500rpm in 1st or 2nd the revs jump up and down and it sounds like the snorkel is playing a ping pong match inside with the air. Noticed anything like that before? cheers mate
I can't say I have mate, I did all my piping and filter etc and haven't encountered that symptom before.. I have a video of how mine drive in my thread with the air filter and snorkel check it out

Ok boys and girls I have posted on another thread about the 2" body lift I had done to my Navara last week but wanted to add it to this list of mods too. So I ended up purchasing a body lift kit from LuxLifts (pic attached) on eBay which cost me $250 and super fast postage. I was speaking with a few people about their kits and had different feedback some said they were fine and some said the kits were no good.

Here is what I did, I did some research and called engineers and spoke to zordo too about what the kits should be like to pass for a mod plate. I contacted LuxLifts and told them that the kit sent was missing 4x 70mm blocks for the cab and they were at my door the next day. I had very good service from them and was really happy. I had to make some changes to 2 of the cab bolts which sit under the drivers and passenger door by cutting them down to half the thread because they were bottoming out on the floor, easy fix. (pic attached)

As for the tub one of the blocks had to be drilled with 14mm drill bit to make the hole bigger to allow for the locating pin on one of the tub points. I used black silicon to fit the 4 blocks to the chassis while the tub was raised then bolted the other 2 down, same process both sides. I also replaced all the washers the kit came with to spring washers to keep the engineer happy and pass. I will take more photos of the kit now installed this week.

The body lift took me about 2 hours all up to fit. Because I have hard piping to my inter cooler I had to unbolt the hot pipe and trim it down to suit but the other side was ok because of a 90' silicon joiner bend which took the difference just fine. Other then that she sits 50mm higher now and looks good. So new shoes will be next on the list to fill the space I made lol

The before shot is the one on Fraser Island and the after shot is in my driveway.

Attachments

• image-2123688391.jpg
    image-2123688391.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3026997133.jpg
    image-3026997133.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3597552327.jpg
    image-3597552327.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2937918317.jpg
    image-2937918317.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image-4262448682.jpg
    image-4262448682.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I have a k&n but i dont oil it. Before i fitted it i used the recharge kit cleaner solution to get all the oil off and let it air dry before putting it in.

It doesnt make a huge difference to the filter if you dont oil it anyway. Mines only for onroad use, offroad, its factory filter all the way.

Good way to go!

So wait your telling me you re fit your stock gifrigingnormas black air box and all when you go off road:wtf: ??

really good write up mate!!!!

i read the whole thing in one sitting, can't wait to see the new shoes!!!

really good write up mate!!!!

i read the whole thing in one sitting, can't wait to see the new shoes!!!

Cheers mate there are a few more things on the list to complete funds and wife allowing..

Lift kit suspension with adjustable uca's, unichip to get installed, forefront industries billet turbo and new rear lsd hopefully all by the end of the year! I will definitely post pics up of the new wheels!

Looking good mate i have been looking at doing similar things. have you looked into replacing the radiator hoses with silicone aswell i cant for the life of me find anyone that make them to suit the D40's if anyones seen any let me know

Looking good mate i have been looking at doing similar things. have you looked into replacing the radiator hoses with silicone aswell i cant for the life of me find anyone that make them to suit the D40's if anyones seen any let me know

Yeh I did but didn't find anything either!

Latest posts

Back