Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Hey mate. Love the work. In the process of doing apollo filter. I just wanted to know what angle and length is the pipe coming of turbo? I have a 2012 st and I might have to use a 45 deg reducer from 2.25" off turbo to 3" to pipe. Not sure on angle or length tho. Still waiting for filter to arrive so bit hard to judge.

Cheers for the thread mate, love it! Missus not so much. =)

Hey mate. Love the work. In the process of doing apollo filter. I just wanted to know what angle and length is the pipe coming of turbo? I have a 2012 st and I might have to use a 45 deg reducer from 2.25" off turbo to 3" to pipe. Not sure on angle or length tho. Still waiting for filter to arrive so bit hard to judge. Cheers for the thread mate, love it! Missus not so much. =)
Hey bud cheers. I used 90degree pipe worked well it was standard 90 pipe. Yes I used a silicon reducer as well 3" to 2.5"

Nice, thanks for that. Gonna start sourcing pipes this week. Still scratching my head about how to seal oval part of snorkel in guard. Might remove it all and fit 90 deg elbows with 3" pipe in guard area. Otherwise be a bit tricky to make it all water tight.

Actually I just had another squid at urs. It looks like urs is oval to but u fitted a adapter then 3" coupler?? Did u just seal it off with silicon or is it nto water tight?

Actually I just had another squid at urs. It looks like urs is oval to but u fitted a adapter then 3" coupler?? Did u just seal it off with silicon or is it nto water tight?

Nah she's water tight mate and yep I did that it's not the best option for it but that's all I could figure out at the time.. I'm considering changing it later on to a bigger filter seems that the apollo is just that little bit on the small side filtering wise..

Nah she's water tight mate and yep I did that it's not the best option for it but that's all I could figure out at the time.. I'm considering changing it later on to a bigger filter seems that the apollo is just that little bit on the small side filtering wise..

Fair enough. I think I'll try out my way see how we go. What you mean filter is on small side? Don't tell me that's. Just bought one lol :confused3:

Fair enough. I think I'll try out my way see how we go. What you mean filter is on small side? Don't tell me that's. Just bought one lol :confused3:
Well let's put it this way you have around 1/3 more filtering on the panel filter then the cone one in the apollo. All I'm saying is you need to keep it clean more often and be prepared to unscrew like 20 nuts and bolts to get the filter out lol other then that it's not a bad little air tight setup

Well let's put it this way you have around 1/3 more filtering on the panel filter then the cone one in the apollo. All I'm saying is you need to keep it clean more often and be prepared to unscrew like 20 nuts and bolts to get the filter out lol other then that it's not a bad little air tight setup

Im in the process of buying a foam filter sleeve to put over my snorkel head to keep it cleaner but I seem to have a hard time finding a black one

Yeh I'm looking for one 2. Again wanting black but no go. Red seems to popular tho. =)

Sorry to keep hassling u but is ur intake pipe and hot side cooler pipe both aluminium? Or u using something else on cooler? Man ur engine bay looks MINT!

Sorry to keep hassling u but is ur intake pipe and hot side cooler pipe both aluminium? Or u using something else on cooler? Man ur engine bay looks MINT!

Sorry but my PC is playing up. Hopefully I have posted this over n over

Can't say that I have seen that before. I think it's a great idea then having the head covered as this can't be seen.. So off to moss st sometime this week to pick one up!

Hey 4by, I was just thinking, as ur filter is water tight, when raining its safe to assume a few drops enter snorkel. The rain might sit at bottom of housing if it gets that far, how would u drain it?

Hey 4by, I was just thinking, as ur filter is water tight, when raining its safe to assume a few drops enter snorkel. The rain might sit at bottom of housing if it gets that far, how would u drain it?

Honestly I don't think it's an issue, sure water goes in but I don't think it will be a big issue as the turbo will suck more of a mist after the filter and it would most likely dry out real quick.. I have washed my car and had the hose go into it briefly and never had a drama..

Honestly I don't think it's an issue, sure water goes in but I don't think it will be a big issue as the turbo will suck more of a mist after the filter and it would most likely dry out real quick.. I have washed my car and had the hose go into it briefly and never had a drama..

I guess so, there is a few spots where water could sit but like u said would most likely dry out after a while. If it got to filter it would sit at bottom of the housing anyway.

Is the intake of the apollo housing and outlet both 3" if u can remember? In the process of ordering silicon couplers =)

Latest posts

Back