Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
I also changed my uni joints today on the rear shaft.. The squeaking was driving me mad! So for $40 a pop I changed both of them.. The tail shaft has bolts only on the diff side and then a shaft into the tranny so you have to remove the uni joint on the shaft and refit back on the shaft.. It's quite easy if you have it in neutral.. Anyway I found the bad one completely rusted out with no bearings left in it the funny thing is that there was no play in the joints when on the car which is odd.. Either way its all done and no more squeaking!

Ok so I decided to spray some more parts inside as well as the pod gauge.. Steering wheel plastics and electric window switch panels, the silver I got is close but not a match but I can live with it.. Sure beats having that crappy rubber like paint which peels off!

Attachments

• image-2633123162.jpg
    image-2633123162.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 268
  • image-395475439.jpg
    image-395475439.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 263
  • image-654897869.jpg
    image-654897869.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 288
  • image-847785611.jpg
    image-847785611.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 270
There is a guy on eBay who does gauges the same as mine. I got a pair for only 120 boost and pyro

Last time I got cheap gauges they were buggered in a week.. What's the link for the ones you got? I found these stepper motor ones autoplatonium and they are bang for your buck gauges.. Boost and egt with a distribution box which you wire in and the gauges plug into it so only one feed of power to the box.. You can run up to 4 gauges on this box which makes it easy if I want to remove the pod to access the wiring behind the stereo etc.. All up $204 delivered

So as I was on my way to get the tune down on Friday morning I blew an injector tube well the fitting failed and cost me a nice $98 from nissan frigen rip offs but it got me out of trouble.. Then after all fitted no leaks etc.. But the engine was running really rough at idle and would go into limp mode if I didn't keep the revs over 1k.. I was worried that I stuffed the scv and was going through the forum like crazy.. I tried clearing the codes with the obd and had no success also tried disconnecting the battery too with no luck. After all that I did the ecu reset by the accelerator pedal and bingo all good. I suppose after driving 25k with diesel leaking everywhere it must have calibrated to the excess fuel used and threw all the readings out.. Anyway it's all sorted and she runs nicely.

Thats sucks ive been waiting around so eagerly!!! Good to hear its fixed,So when it booked in for the test and tune?

shit that sucks was also waiting for dyno print out to see if i should do intercooler/airbox pod filter. my turbo is currently reading 29psi which is pretty wild.

Ok new gauge fitted got myself a auto meter cobalt boost only and it's really nice led backlight.. Ill post some pics soon now I have to save up $260 for the egt gauge same brand and model damn it's exy..

Here is a pic if the boost gauge, should get my pyro one tommro

Attachments

• image-1907868699.jpg
    image-1907868699.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image-438553459.jpg
    image-438553459.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Back