P0093 Large Fuel Leak ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
Ok so sunday night I was driving along the highway until the engine lost all power and wouldnt accelerate, no check engine light no nothing, pulled over turned off the car and started it up worked fine, about 6kms down the road this happened again, but this time the check engine Light came on.

I pulled over read the code using my code reader, P0093 Large fuel leak, what the hell is a large fuel leak so I lifted the bonnet and had a look and couldn't see any fuel coming out of anywhere, I cleared it and kept on going this happened another 5 times on my way home along the highway, most of the time on the flat with cruise control on sitting at 110

ive check the fuel pressure relief valve which is aftermarket and provided by chip it and injectors and cant see any leaks, the car was serviced on friday and only has 20,000kms, it also has a chip

What could this be ?

Over fueled mate or faulty fuel pressure relief valve. Had the same issue and after shimming my stock one I don't get it anymore.. The problem with them is that once it's been activated the seal is gone. Then it will be weak under high pressure and cause it to go into limp more often.. I'm assuming you have a chip on the Nav might help if you tune it down..

An by the way when you turn it off and then back on the problem is gone, that's because when the engine is off the fuel pressure drops enough to seat the ball bearing back and close the valve. This is why it's all good after a restart. Good luck

so if its a faulty pressure relief valve if I put the spare one I have in it should relieve the problems, the chip is also very low only 6/15 so I dont understand why this is being caused, and it occured on the flat it 50kmph, not going up a high which was fine

Last edited:
so if its a faulty pressure relief valve if I put the spare one I have in it should relieve the problems, the chip is also very low only 6/15 so I dont understand why this is being caused, and it occured on the flat it 50kmph, not going up a high which was fine

I don't see it being anything else but that especially when it's fuel related.. Maybe the chip is still too high?

ok will try fitting the backup one, the chip and fuel relieve valve have been there since 1000kms so its a weird time for it to go

If you really want to make sure it is it disconnect the hose from behind it and hook one up with a bottle connected to it like a brake bleed bottle n hose then go for a drive and thump it to go into limp mode I bet you any money you will have fuel in it..

Had the same problem, the chip you have is asking the ECM for more fuel beyond the factory parameters which is triggering a fuel leak code when there basically is no physical fuel leak...the way i solved it was by putting in the original relief valve which had 2 x 2mm shims, clearing all the codes driving it for a bit then shimming my relief valve with a 5mm shim and increasing the shimming by 0.5mm till the codes disappeared, im at a 6.5mm shim now, no codes so far. its a pain in A$$ but necessary if you wanna run a high tune.

This fault code is triggered when there is a difference between actual and calculated rail pressure. if the actual rail pressure is lower than the ECM calculates it figures it must have a leak. I have seen this caused by dodgy fuel filters and more commonly SCV failure!..

Latest posts

Back