Out in the cold!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_cruz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if its a D40 thing only.
This morning I had unlocked my car and stated the engine then shut the door to head back inside. When I came out I couldn't get back into my car, the doors were locked. I sourced the spare key to try and open the doors again but this didn't work.

I had to call Nissan 24 hour roadside to help out. I was locked out for 50mins with the car running.

There was no one inside thank god.

Is this a fault with the D40, a "special" safety feature that I just don't understand or something else......

I believe once the ignition is on the car will not unlock with the keyfob, you may have been able to get in by flipping the plastic cover off the left hand door handle and physically using the key rather than the unlcock button (Not sure if you tried that)

It is one of my grumbles about my R51 that they have ditched many years of a standard setup on Nissan and Datsun door locks meaning that you can lock these cars with the doors open and they will stay locked when you shut the door. Older Nissans and Datsuns would not allow you to lock at least the drivers door and sometimes both front doors while they were open so locking your keys in took a bit of effort. In my old 240Z you would have had to lock the drivers door with the key after you shut it, open the hatch, lock it with the key, chuck the keys inside then shut the hatch behind them.

I know of someone else who had their kids briefly locked inside their Murano as she put the keys on the centre console while belting a youngster into a baby seat without noticing that she had bumped the button and locked the car. She then shut the back door and went to get in the drivers door and found it locked, luckily she eventaully talked one of the kids into letting her in. At the very least the old style need to hold the handle up when you shut the door or it pops unlocked would be good.

Not good mate, I remember reading something like this on the Pommy Navara forum ages ago.

Dave.

As bluester referred to there is a keyed option with the passenger door on a D40. I'm hoping that you didn't try that as a way of getting in because while I can understand (and maybe not agree with) the remote not working if the ignition is on the keylock option should work at all times no matter what the circumstances otherwise it's fairly pointless having it.

Latest posts

Back