Offset rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyb9999

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly i own a 2013 Nissan Navara D40 ST.

I'm currently looking at purchasing rims and tyres for my vehicle.

The current tire and rim sizes of my vehicle to my understanding are;
255/65/17 tire, 8x17 rim, 6x114.3 bolt, offset 25.
I'm currently looking at a package deal, which is below;

Geko steel black rims 8x17 rim, 6x114.3 bolt. Now i have a choice of offsets -13, 20, and 30.

My question is what would be the best offset to get. I have limited to know knowledge when it comes to offset.

FYI these rims will be fitted to BFG AT 265/70/17 121/118R tires.

Last edited:
Changing the offset will change where the rim sits on the end of the axle. Increasing (more positive) offset will make the tyre sit in closer to the car.

Offset is the axial distance from the centre between the bead faces of the tyre (the very outside of the rim at the outer edge) to the inner face of the rim that mates against the hub. Zero offset means that inner face lies central to the rim. Here's a picture that might help explain it too.

You'll gain 10mm (5mm per side of the car) in the width of your wheeltrack. As long as the tyres don't protrude beyond the guards it'll be fine, and even if they do by a mm or two, it'd have to be a pretty damn annoyed policeman who would ping you for it.

Of course, you can go much wider - and see these guys about the guards.

Latest posts

Back