ODBII location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2greedy

Reaction score
could someone please tell me where the location is for the ODBII connector please on a 2005 D22 navara? preferably photo of location would be good.

remember its not actually OBD11, yes it is an OBD11 plug but the 05 navara uses the nissan consult 11 protocol.

What software do i need to be able to read data from the OBD port in a 2010 Navara D22?

Edit: In response to NavaraD22 with the 2010 model not the Op with the 2005

If it's OBD complaint (which by now it should be) you just need OBD software which is many and varied. Software can range from freeware all the way up to the Consult software Nissan run, although chances of getting that are slim unless you know someone at Nissan, I have seen this software for sale on ebay US for $2500. Also bear in mind Consult is a software package not a protocol, protocols are different. Software is also not generally protocol dependent, some functions may not work with some protocols but pretty much all software will work at some level will all protocols.

Functionality will vary depending on the protocols used (i.e. being Thia built means they may not use the same protocol as the D40's from Spain because there is several protocols that manufacturers can use) and it will depend on the software, while some freeware/open source packages promise the functionality of the expensive options it would be your choice whether you trusted them to do as they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot use OBDII on the 05 navara you need devices that talk Nissan's proprietory system Consult II, thats why devices such as the scanguage do not work with the 05 D22. I have got one of these:

ECUTalk - Consult LCD Display

Works quite well and the guy, Peter is very helpful.

Edit: In response to NavaraD22 with the 2010 model not the Op with the 2005

If it's OBD complaint (which by now it should be) you just need OBD software which is many and varied. Software can range from freeware all the way up to the Consult software Nissan run, although chances of getting that are slim unless you know someone at Nissan, I have seen this software for sale on ebay US for $2500. Also bear in mind Consult is a software package not a protocol, protocols are different. Software is also not generally protocol dependent, some functions may not work with some protocols but pretty much all software will work at some level will all protocols.

Functionality will vary depending on the protocols used (i.e. being Thia built means they may not use the same protocol as the D40's from Spain because there is several protocols that manufacturers can use) and it will depend on the software, while some freeware/open source packages promise the functionality of the expensive options it would be your choice whether you trusted them to do as they say.

Thanks for the info. It took a few times reading it to understand but i now get what you mean. Any recommendations you have will be helpful.

You cannot use OBDII on the 05 navara you need devices that talk Nissan's proprietory system Consult II, thats why devices such as the scanguage do not work with the 05 D22. I have got one of these:

Good stuff Simon.

I remember Benno on Patrol4x4 was getting some guy to build this.

Have to get me one now.

Cheers.

Looks like the fuel economy part of this thing won't work is that correct? what other information is usable when in use on the zd30? Looks interesting but I think the main thing I would want it for would be fuel economy.

Thanks for the info. It took a few times reading it to understand but i now get what you mean. Any recommendations you have will be helpful.

Apart from the fairly basic information Scangauge reports the only software I have run myself is ProScan but it's not free. A Google search actually reveals heaps of different packages that all reportedly work but I can't recommend any one particular package. Can't even say I recommend ProScan because I haven't used it very much and I really only got it because it was given to me.

That being said I do understand how alot of them work, what they do, and how they do it so if you have any questions relating to such packages PM me and I'll see if I can't answer them for you.

I notice the ODB connector is located just under the dash in the foot well right above my right foot. I might see if I can move it out of the way if I get Scanguage. Has anyone else tried to move the connector?

Depends on the amount of cable (which may not be much) you could just relocate the bracket but you'd probably be limited in where you can put it. SG does come with a fairly flat plug and about 6 feet of cable so unless you want it in the back seat cabling from that aspect is fine.

The other thing you could look into if you really want it moved is to take the bracket off, mount it where ever you can and make an extension lead, you can buy the plugs and sockets and the wiring diagram is on the net so technically it should just be a case of extending the existing.

Back