not happy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pully

Reaction score
well what a pity my lancer could not tow our van it has a 40lt tank and i can get up to over 550k for $50
brought a navara st 80lt tank and is flat out getting 550lk at $85 cant make that out
thought that the nisson would do so much better than that and when we tow we have to fill up at about 350kl
not happy we have only done 11,000 kl hope it gets better fuel wise

Economy should be better than that . I get between 750k and 1000k from a tank but that all depends on how much hyway / city driving .
But how big is your van Huge or small ?
And where do you fill your tank for $85 cause I want to fill up there !

I cant tell from the avatar on my phone, But I take it you have a D40? because my old 06 D22 only had a 70lt tank.
Any way How can you compare a pebble(lancer) to a besser block (Navara) they are no where near the same weight or have any where near the same wind drag ect ect ect......
Also the fuel light on a D40 will come on with 12 to 15lt still in the tank.
If you keep the revs under 2300rpm and no more then 100kph you will find you get better economy.

Auto or manual? I hear the auto's can be up to 14L/100km

should trade it on a D22, can't go wrong.

My st on the highway at 130k delivers 9.0 (on the dash) and around the city 10.2 and is an auto no DPF

The newer models should get better economy than the older ones it's common sense that manufacturers better themselves but I'd be interested to see how many dash economy meters are out.

We all know speedos are made to read out, it would take very little to make an economy meter read out as well. ODB readers that read economy figures are so easily influenced by user settings, I can't imagine the basic meters manufacturers supply would be that different.

Years ago when they were first introduced Holden and Ford had massive problems with the onboard systems reporting wrong and I've been reading quite a few reports lately that Nissan's are no better. Of course the reports I have been reading are on the internet so they must be 110% accurate.

My 2012 d22 only gets 600-650 a tank down to 570-610 with the tinnie on the back. 600 is when fuel light is on 650 is nearly dead empty. Pretty piss poor i use to get 780 out of my 98 td rodeo when it was standard.
Commonrail ftw not

Doing some very quick sums, for an $85 fill at $1.45 a liter, that is about 58 liters to go about 550KM, not actually all that bad. not great but not bad.

I don't know what people expect. You don't buy a duel cab 4x4 for fuel economy. You buy it for size, towing capacity, off road capability etc. with those things comes increased fuel consumption. I wanted a fuel efficient car so I bought a new Honda civic. It does 6.5lph but it won't tow my tool trailer to work.

Well it will if you get a towbar on it. Stopping it might be an issue but there will be no worries towing it.

Apart from anything I don't think people are buying these utes to get low economy but there is nothing wrong with expecting 10's or better out of the things under normal conditions.

can someone call the wambulance? Another sook complaining about fuel economy... And comparing it to a lancer? hahaha

My 06 3.0L averages about 9.2L/100km 80% highway 20% city with 265/75 BFG's and recently went up to double island point at high tide so doing like 20kmh for half the day in deep soft sand saw that figure rise to 10.45L/100km all I can say is what a champion effort for a car hauling 4 blokes, full tank of diesel and all their shit in the back.

My 03 3.0l recently got 9.65 going up to Deni Ute Muster and back. Carried a fair bit of wood for our camp fire and all the usual camping stuff.

The only accurate way to measure fuel consumption is litres used per kliometres travelled. To talk about $ per tank isn't even a rough way of measuring.

My 2012 d22 towing my work trailer all week without a break gets up to 650km to empty. That's a lot of highway but around town too. It would have to be up around 700-800kgs with planks and ladders on the racks. It's not as good as my old bt50 2wd but I'm still very happy. I think it's around the 10l per 100

-tyler

I have a 2011 D40 Manual that gets 9 litres around town. I tow a Coromal 18ft off road van that weighs 1.8 tonne and get 13 litres per 100 kms. Did a trip from Bathurst to Forster and used 40 litres of fuel which I am happy with.

Latest posts

Back